Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Unichip EMS for the xB 2G

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Default Unichip EMS for the xB 2G

Hello members!

We currently offer a Plug-n-Play kit for the xB 2G. Very similar to our popular FT86 kit and new tC G2 kit, our goals are to offer an inexpensive kit, easily home installable, a large end-user accessible map library for different bolt-ons and fuel grades, high reliability, and no OE ECU foot print for warranty-worry-free play.

Your kit ships preprogrammed for your specific bolt-on parts withup to five performance maps that switch instantly at the push of a button. It’salso tweakable/custom tunable by a professional or, for the hands-on crowd, by you with our UniTuner software.

For easy “at home” tweaking, we have an online 2.4L library of all of our maps… each bolt-on configuration has 27 different tuning options you can download and easily test in your 2G to find the optimum fit for your specific vehicle… all you need to play is a download cable.

We offer maps for a bone stock engine, drop in filters, and intakes from aFe (CAI & SR), Injen (CAI & SR), Takeda, TRD, and Weapon R…

…each of those is available for just the intake, the intake and exhaust, and the intake, headers, and exhaust…

… each of those is available with tunes for premium, midgrade, and regular fuel...

… and each of those is available with standard timing/fueling maps, increased timing maps, increased fuel maps, reduced timing maps, and reduced fuel maps… and every combination of each of those...

As an introductory offer, we’re offering special pricing to ScionLife Forum members for the next 30 days. Beginning today, members receive 20%off retail pricing on both the Standard 2G xB kit and the Flux2 Display 2G xB kit. If you purchase the Flux2 Display xB kit, we'll throw in the MapsQ and Flux2 download cables and software at no additional cost.

Retail for the standard kit is $395... member’s special price is $316.00- you save $79.00!

Retail for the Flux2 Display kit is $655 + $35 + $49 for the two cables is a total of $739.00... member’s price is $524.00 - you save $215.00!

This offer doesn’t appear on our website’s public pages… click http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicles/3602for a back door link. From the back door link, click Buy Now to select your options and go to the shopping cart with the member’s only pricing before the prices return to retail.

For early adopters, we'll also through in free ground shipping for either kit for anybody who purchases before we open Monday morning.

Please post or pm me if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so any updates for us current owners?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also is there apple/macbook support yet?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the post. For anybody that already has the kit, the hardware hasn't changed (unless you have one of the really early kits with the old style PnP harness) but the map library is probably new... all you need is the download cable which is available on our website ($35).

With the cable, you get access to the secure side of the website where the mapping software and all the maps live. Once you have a login, you can download as many maps as you want.

If there's something specific you're wondering about, please let me know and I'll be happy to tell you.

Cheers
Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any deals for the tc1?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the older model (ive had it for about two years) Anything that us older users should know about? I wasn't aware the design had changed
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

DJ_FroZone... if you look at the installation instructions, http://www.unichip.us/system/uploads...structions.pdf you'll see what the new harness looks like. There's no functional change from a user perspective so no "advantage" to one compared to the other.

itzallgood707... we can certainly open the pricing to the tC G1 guys, but we don't have as extensive of a map library for the G1 cars as we do for the G2.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

Cheers
Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you could match the price for the tc1, I would definitely order one after the 1st of May.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

The special runs for 30 days so it will run through mid-May and we'll open it to the tC G1 guys as well.

Cheers
Old 04-20-2013, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. Thank you. I'll be looking for a link

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a xb2 unichip already gonna move to a tc2 the harness still the same? or need to buy new one.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your going need a new harness^^

also I would love to find an 87 Eco map. Cuts the power but the gas MPG is just amazing.

And then a 92/93/91 map thats for straight raging in the streets. Right now i run a 93 all the time just because the gas MPG is better but i would love to be albe to cut that power n coast on the 87 for a few weeks. n save some dough
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also mac support would be AMAZING.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the posts

The tC and xB harnesses are different so you will need a new harness to move the Unichip… but the Unichip computer will be fine after it’s reprogrammed. You can do that at home with a download cable and the MapsQ software. You will probably have to update firmware which you can also do with the software.

We have 87 octane maps that improve power, but there’s only so much you can to improve mileage because of the way the OE ECU works to be EPA compliant. Most of the fueling changes happen at high load (that is, lots of throttle) which isn’t where you’re probably putting your foot if you’re looking for better mileage. When running low octane fuel, you also can't run much if any additional ignition timing which means you're not going to get much power gain.

On the premium fuel/rage side, we have 9 different maps with stepped fueling and timing changes. You can easily change maps as often as desired and find the best fit map for your specific cars.

Cheers
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
SL Member

Interesting...I want this so bad
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Default Forum special pricing

Thanks for the offline calls/emails.

Just a quick reminder that the forum special pricing deal I started thethread with will run through this weekend and then be closed.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Cheers