Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD Exhaust request..

Old 04-09-2008, 07:12 PM

Default TRD Exhaust request..

Can some one post a clean video of either in-car or driveby of an XB2 with TRD exhaust installed. I know they have some videos out already, but most of them have modified exhausts already, ie. Headers, resonators swapped with glasspacks, etc.

I am about to purchase this exhaust, but I am a bit hesitant. The XB is driven primarily by my wife, therefor I need to make sure this exhaust is WIFE proof!

Even if you do not have a video, any comment on the exhaust is welcomed!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have TRD muffler and you cant hear it in the cabin. honest its at its "loudest" when its at low speed around 2000-3000RPM and the only way you can hear it is if you have the windows down and listen carefully.

the day that i got the install i was with my brother and after the install and i drove off he turned to me and said "is it louder? i cant tell"

this was my install and a sound clip before i installed the AEM intake
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216697
Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks a million man, that is a pretty good clip. Sounds pretty much like stock. Let me ask you this when you get off the throttle, does it have that raspy sound when the revs come down?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no rasp at all. its pretty much rumble right up to about 3000RPM and it sounds just like stock from there. on the move you cant hear it unless you try and listen carefully

also you have to understand that the lack of noise is cause there is a really large resonator/cat under the car. the thing is so damn restrictive that its pretty much going to take out a lot of noise no matter what exhaust you put on it
Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 PM

Lack of noise is good! Last thing I want to do is install this only to have the wife have me take it off cuz it's to loud. She is the primary driver of it for now so I have to make sure it's pretty close to stock sounding.

By the way, how is the power output now with the AEM and TRD exhaust? Auto or Manual?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its on a auto and the AEM intake is the true noise maker at ~3250RPM the intake just roars. if you want to get past the wife test i think you might want to get the TRD intake cause its got a real air box that should keep the noise down.

as for power, i dont have any real numbers but i do feel that the engine breathes better. i would like to get a header and a new exhaust system so that it makes some real noise and some more power
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the info man! I think I will do just that, I am going with the TRD Intake and Exh.

I have an auto as well, I think the engine pulls strong in both low to midrange, but the passing department could use a little help. I think the intake and exhaust will do just that.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how does the stock exhaust sound???? it sounds just like stock no differences
Old 04-11-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nickelpayday
Thanks for the info man! I think I will do just that, I am going with the TRD Intake and Exh.

I have an auto as well, I think the engine pulls strong in both low to midrange, but the passing department could use a little help. I think the intake and exhaust will do just that.
haha the passing department needs more than the intake. and the TRD exhaust doesnt give any power cause its so far down the exhaust stream. if you want some more top end power i suggest going with a strup header but thats going to make some noise..