Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2013 xB after airbag recall having radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 06:10 PM
SL Member

Default 2013 xB after airbag recall having radio issues

So I took in my 2013 xB for the airbag recall, and now the radio is not picking up stations like it was before. I had the dealership look at it , and by time they looked at it it was working again. This morning had the same issue, after about 15 to 20 minutes the radio station started working again. I've tried am and FM and AM having issues with both. It starts working after the car running for about 15 minutes.
the dealership States that they took it out all the wires look good, and they commented on my Viper aftermarket remote start, stating they saw a blue wire that they didn't recognize going into the stereo. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be, since it is intermittent?
this is a new to me 2013 xB oh, I've had it for 3 weeks, I now feel really discouraged that I'm having issues. It just seems really odd now that this is all happening after they replaced the airbag, and since it's a used vehicle and aftermarket Electronics they don't want to take any responsibility.

Thanks for any thoughts
Old 01-18-2019, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Cant really think of why a remote start install would have a wire going to the radio.
is it an oem radio or aftermarket?
Old 01-18-2019, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only blue wires on a Viper system are one for negative door lock trigger and a very thin one that is used for the door unlock trigger wire if you have power door lock hooked to it. Neither of which should be going anywhere near the radio. Since you bought it used I suspect that the previous owner may have had a sound system installed in the vehicle and it was removed. The wire sounds like it might be a turn on trigger for amplifiers that are no longer in the car. I would trace it and if it isn't hooked to anything disconnect it and see if that changes anything.