Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2nd Gen xB Head Unit Compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:56 PM

Default 2nd Gen xB Head Unit Compatibility?

I just bought a 2008 xB that needs a few things. The touch screen navigation screen does not work. It powers up, but does not respond to touch. I want to replace it with something preferably stock to retain the stock controls and feel.
There is so many different styles of the Scion touch screen double Din receiver. This particular one has 3 blue buttons on the left and right side of the screen. It is not a pioneer. It doesn't seem to have a brand name.
I can't really find any like it either, as it seems to be the rarest unit.

Are most of the Scion radios interchangeable? What years and models should work with mine? Are most of the plugs different in the back? Thanks in advance.

I included a picture of the back where the plugs go. I noticed on eBay that most of the plugs seem to be the same. However, the grey colored plugs seem to be different or non existent on other models.
Are the grey ones for navigation? steering controls?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Gen xB Head Unit Compatibility?-20160829_112711.jpg  

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-18-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 08-30-2016, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Most of the plugs are for electronics/speakers and such, The ones that change are the smaller plugs that have to do with Aux input, ipod interface(the 08 xB still used the 30pin direct connection) and the steering wheel audio controls.

08 and 09 are the only two that are directly compatible plug for plug. 10 changed to the USB style aux adapter and it continued to change as the model progessed..

You can get adapter kits to make aftermarket radios plug and play(for the most part)
Old 09-06-2016, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member

Default Head unit

Originally Posted by pcbisnice
I just bought a 2008 xb that needs a few things. The touch screen navigation screen does not work. It powers up, but does not respond to touch. I want to replace it with something preferrably stock to retain the stock controls and feel. There is so many different styles of the scion touch screen double din receiver. This particular one has 3 blue buttons on the left and right side of the screen. It is not a pioneer. It doesn't seem to have a brand name. I can't really find any like it either, as it seems to be the rarest unit. Are most of the scion radios interchangeable? What years and models should work with mine? Are most of the plugs different in the back? Thanks in advance.

I included a picture of the back where the plugs go. I noticed on ebay that most of the plugs seem to be the same. However, the grey colored plugs seem to be different or non existent on other models. Are the grey ones for navigation? steering controls? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have a head unit (Pioneer) from my 2015 xB.... $250.00 shipped... If you still want one..
Old 07-17-2018, 08:50 PM

I'd be interested in what aftermarket kits will enable a USB adapter instead o fthe ipod adapter in my 2008 xB.