Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aftermarket Pioneer Backup Camera Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:57 AM

Default Aftermarket Pioneer Backup Camera Install Issue

I just recently installed a Pioneer AVHX3800BHS double din and Esky EC135-05 back up camera. I followed all directions to a “T”.

The issue I’m having is, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to an all black screen and says something like “The picture may be in reverse” and gives you the option to exit, however, no video from the camera is displayed.

What’s confusing about this is when I manually view the camera using the Pioneer menu, the camera successfully works, and video is displayed from back up camera.

FYI: During installation (as suggested by another member) I tapped into the reverse light trigger wire located under the dash, and connected to the Pioneer wiring harness that is labeled “reverse signal” or something like, it was purple. Also, I installed that parking brake bypass too if it makes any difference.

Side note: Many tap into the reverse brake light to power the camera, however, because the Xb bulb is located in the bumper, I ran a separate power and ground directly to a 12v accessory source (red, switched on by key) and chassis ground.

What could be going wrong? Is it a setting in the stereo? I’ve ran through the menu several times, no luck.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:10 PM

In the pioneer there are two or three reverse camera settings or polarities if I remember correctly. I had this problem with my Pioneer 5600 until I changed one of them. I'll double check and get back to you when I hop in the car this afternoon.