Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/)
-   -   help after a dynamat install (lights problem) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/help-after-dynamat-install-lights-problem-121440/)

gengarv 12-02-2007 02:33 AM

help after a dynamat install (lights problem)

can't believe this is my first post here (been visiting for a while) but i just finished putting dynamat on my floor and put everything back together. then i noticed that when i turn my low beams on, the lights on the gauges and radio are off and when the low beams are off, the gauge lights are on. anybody know the problem? did i short something? please help!

gengarv 12-02-2007 02:46 AM

the only things that i have disconnected are the connections from under the front seats (two each), the ipod and aux connections, and the light near the rear hatch. could these have affected the light connections?

jakalope 12-02-2007 03:15 AM

maybe check your fuses? how did the dynamat work out?

gengarv 12-02-2007 02:56 PM

i checked the fuses this morning and it doesn't seem like any of them are blown. which fuse should i look for? any other suggestions?

the dynamat, by the way, works great. there was already a lot of padding that toyota put, but i just put more over and it's even quieter. now i just need to fix my light problem.

dasaint80 12-02-2007 04:00 PM

jakalope is right check all you fuses right under the driver side Dash, that's where I found the fix.

I had something like this happened to a customer of mine, all the Gauges and HVAC went off when he turned his lights on. it's a short somewhere in the cable path. For my customer one cable was being pinched when I did the LED swap in the steering wheel controls.

Hope this helps.

dasaint80 12-02-2007 04:01 PM

it was either a 7.5 or a 10 Amp Fuse. Where are you located??

gengarv 12-02-2007 04:19 PM

oh, i was checking the fuses in the engine bay. i'm going to try checking it in a few minutes. i'm located in san francisco, btw.

XBFred 12-03-2007 01:26 AM

lights on dash and stereo are brighter without headlights on.... check the dimmer and then check another one

gengarv 12-03-2007 01:32 AM

what do you mean by dimmer? is that a fuse name? i have the fuse panel from under the driver's side in front of me and i don't know which one to check.

XBFred 12-03-2007 03:25 AM

right next to the power mirror controls to the left is a little wheel that controls how bright the dash lights are...,try that

gengarv 12-03-2007 04:17 AM

just checked and worked brilliantly!! i can now see the lights during the night while having my low beams on (can't believe i didn't think of that first :doh: ). but i think when the low beams are off the gauge lights are still on. oh well, i'll try to figure that one out at a later date.

thanks a bunch man. can't thank you enough. :bow:

XBFred 12-03-2007 04:37 PM

gauge lights are supposed to stay on when lights are off, makes them easier to see. They actually dim a little when you turn the headlights on,

Looks like you are all good now.. enjoy and enjoy the mat, it makes a huge difference