Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

NEW ICE NEED IDEAS ON LAYOUT

Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 AM

Default NEW ICE NEED IDEAS ON LAYOUT

Hey i got my new set up today, my previous one was 2 12in kicker CVR in band pass box with plex glass some stock flea market trash, we now iam going to do something custom for the rear i know have the following:
4 12in kicker CVR
1 450 watt kicker amp
1 750 watt kicker amp
4 infinty 6010 6.5 speakers

i would really like to do a sub box out of 100% lumber lol but i want it to be creative and have a 2in thick plex glass to show off the amp and my custom decal with some neon inside please submit some ideas. thanks!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Kicker amps are good, but they suck a lot of power...they're not efficient at all. I would look into other stuff. Definitely look into a new sub and speakers. You can do way better for the money. My best of advice for you is: don't buy name brand, mainstream stuff. The good stuff today is made by companies most people have never heard of. I'll start you off with a few, then look around for yourself. Fi, Audioque, Ascendant Audio, CDT, Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, Hertz, Diamond, Sundown, Stereo Integrity, Rainbow, etc.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:48 PM

cool, i already have the kickers though and got the 4 12in CVR for 300 total for all 4 brand new which i must say is pretty cheap, the price isn't a big issue. and then i have a second battery in the back for the power, one of the main reason i went with kicker though is caue thats all i ever had in any of my cars i know the product lasts, but thanks for the point i will def check out some of the brands you mention cause i do need to but a whole new system in my old school beemer
Old 09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

well stick with the amps...those are cool. i just really dont like kicker subs. they have no sound quality whatsoever. Based on your budget for the subs, id trade those 4 kickers for 2-4 ascendaunt audio assassin's or phoenix gold RSd's. i think you'll be way happier with the sound. if you're used to kicker stuff, then i think you'll be amazed at the detail you've been missing in your music. going from kicker to a more sq-oriented sub is like going from night to day. huge difference.