Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

OEM Blu Logic install pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM Blu Logic install pics

I got the Blu Logic system installed with the help of a friend, and thought I would share some pics I took to help you guys out.

The first shows the trim around the radio removed. To remove the trim, start on the lower right side with a putty knife/plastic shim and pop the clip. Once you get this one off, the rest will come off if you just slide your hands around the trim.

The next piece they want you to remove is the trim under the steering wheel where the button will be installed. Getting the first clip is a pain in the ___. Best way to get to it is to lay on the floor looking up. I have also attached the other locations of the clips.

Lastly is the trim on the top where the microphone will be installed. Start on the left side and work your way right and it pops right off. Extremely easy to do.

If you get everything installed correctly, the microphone will look like this:

Hope that this helps someone or gives them a little nudge like I needed!

-Daniel
Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just wanted to chime in and say that if anyone is on the fence about installing this kit themselves, I put it in last night and it really is total cake.

The panels really do come off quite easily and everything is plug and play. Probably the easiest install I have ever done.

Thanks so much for the pic Dan. They were a big help

BTW - These kits can be had on evilbay for about $130 right now. Not a bad price.

The A2DP works really well. I stream sirius radio from my iphone wirelessly and it sounds great.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad they helped. It really is an easy install once you get past your fear of pulling apart the trim.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike
I just wanted to chime in and say that if anyone is on the fence about installing this kit themselves, I put it in last night and it really is total cake.

The panels really do come off quite easily and everything is plug and play. Probably the easiest install I have ever done.

Thanks so much for the pic Dan. They were a big help

BTW - These kits can be had on evilbay for about $130 right now. Not a bad price.

The A2DP works really well. I stream sirius radio from my iphone wirelessly and it sounds great.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dlichterman
Glad they helped. It really is an easy install once you get past your fear of pulling apart the trim.
Exactly. My car is still basically brand new, so I was a little nervous about pulling apart the dash without scratching/gouging the panels. Luckily I did the install at a Toyota dealership with a friend who is a tech there.

We did the blu logic kit and the nav add-on for the Alpine HU. The nav unit took more time, but is pretty easy also.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My only issue so far is that the system does not automatically connect to my iphone when I start the car. Not the end of the world, but kind of a bummer.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And that's why I went with the Parrot unit in my box. It syncs automatically with my phone as soon as I turn the key in the ignition. It streams the calls into the front two speakers and whenever I get a call, it shuts off the music and plays a ringtone over the speakers. The blu logic unit sounded great, but I got my Parrot at a steal on eBay and couldn't be happier.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
And that's why I went with the Parrot unit in my box. It syncs automatically with my phone as soon as I turn the key in the ignition. It streams the calls into the front two speakers and whenever I get a call, it shuts off the music and plays a ringtone over the speakers. The blu logic unit sounded great, but I got my Parrot at a steal on eBay and couldn't be happier.
Actually, I have to retract my previous statement. The kit is now connecting to my phone whenever I start the car. I dont know what changed but everything is working great now
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@Stuntman_Mike: It probably just needed to be warmed up! My girlfriend has Microsoft Sync in her 09 Ford Focus. It's funny that it wasn't working for about a week. Then out of the blue, her phone was syncing to the system again. Weird. Technology is interesting sometimes.

Glad it's working out for you! Since the system is now automatically connecting, I think it's fantastic for you. I went the cheaper route with an aftermarket system. I'm sure the Scion specific one sounds better though.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 AM
SL Member

I realize I'm posting to an older thread but wanted to give props to dlichterman! Thanks for posting the pix; definitely helped along with the instructions from trdsparks!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad it was of help!