Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Race seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:06 AM

Default Race seats

I got a pair of DNA Motoring seats and Weapon-R brackets. The brackets are not a direct fit. I'd have to drill new holes in the brackets and get nuts and bolts. Is this a common thing or is there stuff that is a straight fit without modification?
Also- can I put the aftermarket seat on the passenger side or will the airbag not work if I do?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't know about the brackets but if you replace either seat then the air bags will not work as they are in the seats. You'll also need to do a resistor bypass of the seat air bags or the rest of the system will not work either.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:33 PM

I know the seat airbags will be gone. That doesn't bother me. From what I've read in other posts, there is a sensor on the driver seat that I just need to connect to the new seat rail and it will be fine. For the passenger side- all I've found is that there needs to be a resistor plugged in on that side or the sensor installed in the seat or the sensor modified- but there isn't a 100% "just do this" response to any of them.
It's looking like since I don't think I can figure out the passenger side, I'll only be putting one on the driver side.