Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/)
-   -   SNS100 took a big heaping pile (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/sns100-took-big-heaping-pile-205516/)

SamCarroll 07-20-2011 01:47 AM

SNS100 took a big heaping pile

Well I hooked up train horns (completely unrelated) but then driving down the street and all of a sudden my head unit completely turns off. Wont power on. All fuses are 100% great. and power is going to the radio.

Guess ill have to have my buddy inspect and warranty claim my radio :cry:

Anyone else have that happen?

xseveredveganx 07-20-2011 02:08 AM

Nope.

I refuse to pay that ridiculous amount that they want for that second rate headunit.

SamCarroll 07-20-2011 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx (Post 3878960)
Nope.

I refuse to pay that ridiculous amount that they want for that second rate headunit.

mine came with it and wasnt accounted for in the final price otherwise i agree.

xseveredveganx 07-20-2011 02:36 AM

Oh sweet! Hopefully your buddy can do something for you.

And this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening. :(

SamCarroll 07-20-2011 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx (Post 3878980)
Oh sweet! Hopefully your buddy can do something for you.

And this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening. :(

yeah it was weird, i hooked the train horn set up up. checked it. checked everything afterwords and then i was driving home and realized my radio wasnt working and checked everything and self diag that it was the radio that went out and of course no external fuse. Called my friend whose a tech he said the same thing. Told me when i go in to work write up an RO and he will get it done.

Sadly radio warranties take minimum 6 weeks.

pyroman131 07-20-2011 05:23 AM

Just sounds like you got a defective radio. The best way to truly check it is if you had a friend with an xB and hooked it up there to test if everything worked fine.

Mouse 07-20-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SamCarroll (Post 3878953)
Well I hooked up train horns (completely unrelated) but then driving down the street and all of a sudden my head unit completely turns off. Wont power on. All fuses are 100% great. and power is going to the radio.

Guess ill have to have my buddy inspect and warranty claim my radio :cry:

Anyone else have that happen?

In reading the thread another idea came to mind...
Even though you already checked the fuse panel maybe somewhere along the path there could be a minor short. So when the car's in motion the normal amount of road vibration it could cause the wirig to vibrate close enough to create the short.

SamCarroll 07-20-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mouse (Post 3879146)
In reading the thread another idea came to mind...
Even though you already checked the fuse panel maybe somewhere along the path there could be a minor short. So when the car's in motion the normal amount of road vibration it could cause the wirig to vibrate close enough to create the short.

i pulled the stereo out and checked the wires back. But nothing was showing up as weird. Then i power tested the radio and the power to it was fine but nothing was coming back from the radio. IE amp turn on wire. The radio just wont turn on at all.

SamCarroll 07-21-2011 06:59 PM

tech pulled it in today, checked all the fuses was about to write up a warranty claim and then checked the fuses again. I guess one of the small 7.5a fuses was blown but didnt look like it was. Thats why i didnt see it when i looked as well. He found it by using a tester.

All better.

SamCarroll 07-22-2011 03:13 AM

wel now my nav unit completely blows. i dont know why but i cant get it to stop lagging when im driving, before it would follow me perfectly fine now it skips around and is completely off. I hate it. and cant figure out how to fix it