Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Things you dislike about the interior of the XB Gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weird I dont agree with half of these answers...

I do agree with the arm rest of course... but its not that big of a deal.

the Plastics used in the car on MINE are not Matte finish then Shiny finish as the others have posted.
There are probably a few different types of interior. I found some pics of both the Standard and the Automatic models interior and it seems as if they are a little different.

as you can see in this Automatic version (like mine) all the door panels ect are Matte Finish
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jalopnik/383868525/

Then in this picture of the Standard model looks like it is Shiny Plastics on most of it...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jalopnik/383869331/

I have only really seen the interior of only my xB so i dont know if its just the way the pics were takin and if they shined it with something or if there are 2 differnt types of plastic interiors...

Also Mine does have the hooks on the floorboard for the Mats, guess yours got left out for some reason.

I think to some it is also a mental thing about not having good vision out of the xB... there are just as many blind spots in this car than there are in any other car. I thought I would have problems wth visability with this car aslo... but i have none what so ever. I feel like I can actually see better out of it than my Mini Cooper... which has windows all the way around it..lol

This is something cool to download for the premium audio:
http://pioneer.jp/car/oel_screensaver_studio/

Mine also came with a holder for the Ipod that goes in the cup holder. someone below said they didnt have a place for theres... maybe you could get one from your dealer.

the drivers side has auto down on the window.. Iv dealt with that for 10 years with my Honda Accord. why would you need both up and down?

Im not saying the interior is perfect ... it has its downpoints but for the looks and price of this car.. I LOVE IT![/url]
Old 07-08-2007, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member

The sun visors do not extend, so they are pretty much useless for the side windows if the sun is at your 9 o'clock.