Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

for those of you that have NAVI

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so far it will give you roads and exits if your on say the highway other than that its displays the road youll be turning on in bold letters and then tells you when your at 1/2 mile then when your ready to turn

as far as the navi with there being only one slot for disc if you have the disc in navi pops up and is ready to go if you dont have it in it only takes 15-20 secs to load if the last thing you have up is navi and have a destination programed in even if you dont have the disc in it will go back to that route when turned back on

which if you have an ipod for your music and vids youll never have to take the navi disc out also the stock navigation doesnt have pre-outs from what ive been told plus a price tag of 1900 dollars is a bit pricey

i like the fact that you can customise the buttons that arnt touchkey to just about any color variation possiable in order to match your cars scheme

probally one of the best units ive owned of course you have all your tweak settings EQ,HPF,etc. but also the unit is quicker than most of the ones ive had before very good value IMO hope that helps if you need more feel free to email me direct i can get you pics of the navi working if you need Tiburonshark360@hotmail.com
Old 07-05-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

There's two slots in the navi, cd and dvd.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not on the Avic-D3 there isnt
Old 08-04-2007, 05:13 PM

I have the stock navigation unit and there is a calandar, it shows your maintenance schedule and theres a bunch of other doo dads and thinga magigs.

The car automatically has a "dummy light" that comes on every time your due for an oil change. I was told that you have to either come in to have them turn it off or do it yourself. But there is a hazard light that already tells you when your due for oil changes atleast.

BUT if you dont have the time or know how to wire around the safety features your probably better off with after market. Its pretty useless without over riding everything. You cant change music , map a route or do just about anything while in motion. To play a DVD you have to be in park.

The only thing is I'm not sure if the ipod/aux adapters in the console will work or the buttons on the steering wheel. Thats ultimately what made me stick with stock. I had heard that you could make one or the other work but getting them both to adapt to the aftermarket stereo was slim.

As far as I know I thought you had to keep the dvd in for the navigation?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:22 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes the DVD needs to be IN for navigation.