Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/)
-   -   What do you guys clean the dash with? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-ice-interior-1794/what-do-you-guys-clean-dash-169350/)

elwaylite 08-15-2009 10:51 PM

What do you guys clean the dash with?

Meguiars interior? Water and cloth?

The dash is a lint magnet and, but I dont care for the shiny look. Door panels arent as hard, but the dash def is made outta a weird feeling plastic.

TIA

Hsua 08-15-2009 11:15 PM

Meguiars interior no shine with a microfiber cloth works great, but your dash will attract lots of dust and lint no matter what. Just wipe down with micro fiber cloth whenever it gets dusty.

XIEmperorIX 08-15-2009 11:23 PM

I recently used Meguiar's wipes on my dash and other plastic pieces on the interior of my tC and it turned out great. It looks nice and clean and wasn't all greasy like the armor-all wipes tend to make it. I don't recall it having a particular "shine" to it either..it just looked and smelled kinda clean.

I don't own an xB but I don't think the materials you're referring to are going to be made any differently. Meguiar's ftw! And it's only like a little over a $1 more than the armor-all wipes

elwaylite 08-15-2009 11:26 PM

Im not sure if the tC and xB dashes are alike, but its a weird feel and hard to wipe down.

Will pickup the wipes and interior clean next weekend, along with a good cloth. People ore like or hate my interior and the layout, I personally like it. I actually love the whole damn car.

firesquare 08-16-2009 01:51 AM

i use Turtle wax ice interior cleaner. with a microfiber. it dries up dry adn not shiny. keeps lint off for a decent while.

dave2610 08-16-2009 04:12 AM

i use a damp rag. i dont like the oily feel of interior cleaners

ocrida 08-16-2009 04:49 AM

i just use a damp rag to pick up dust. some products can leave a smell that canover power ur air fresheners.

huslindan 08-16-2009 05:39 AM

turtle wax interior cleaner FTW

slowdalpangee 08-16-2009 06:05 AM

typically i do the same as many of you have suggested, damp towel.

please note, some dash cleaners are actually harmful for the dash's material and may lead to faster cracking

K

udanijo 08-16-2009 10:34 AM

I know what you mean about the dash being a dust magnet. What I do is use a mini-California duster to pick up as much dust as possible, then I spray/wipe Meguiar's natural shine w/ a micro-fiber sponge and I use Meguiar's quick detailer wipes between washes. The natural shine spray gives the plastic/vinyl a clean look, not the tire shine look. Word of advice, don't carry the quick detailer wipes in your car. They will dry out

mobilejay 08-17-2009 08:46 PM

I use 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. I use this on all of my clients cars and it works great. Leaves a matte finish to where it looks clean instead of shiny, does not attract a lot of dust, cleans and protects at the same time. I have used other products but my clients love this in their cars. Try it out.

elwaylite 08-23-2009 03:27 PM

Bought the Quik Detail interior spray and a microfiber cloth and it works great!

nodsetse 08-24-2009 09:08 PM

^ Try the microfiber cloth with a touch of water...you'll find it works about as well as any of the cleaning products, yet costs far less.

elwaylite 08-24-2009 09:54 PM

Will do, after this stuff runs out.