Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   08 xB Hacks??? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/08-xb-hacks-126006/)

ShaffNasty 01-25-2008 06:03 AM

08 xB Hacks???

Anyone know of any cool hacks for the new xB? Like changing interior light colors or what not? i know of the switching the door unlock all to one button press, but i was wondering if there were any other cool tricks...

AMAN 01-25-2008 06:35 AM

how do you do the lock thing?

xb2 01-25-2008 06:42 AM

Re: 08 xB Hacks???

Originally Posted by ShaffNasty
Anyone know of any cool hacks for the new xB? Like changing interior light colors or what not? i know of the switching the door unlock all to one button press, but i was wondering if there were any other cool tricks...

How do you do the door unlock thing?

CIONIDE 01-25-2008 06:57 AM

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=207841

Zlog 01-25-2008 08:24 AM

I dunno if one could call them hacks. Modifications deifnatly.

Anyways, theres tons of sub-forums full of things you can do, things in a lot of cases that I never would have thought of.

Some witty chaps on this board :)

Whispaz 01-25-2008 08:39 AM

hacks? first time I've heard of mods refered to as hacks. like Zlog said, there is a lot of info here to do whatever you want. Unfortunately there are no hacks for changing int. lights. you'd hafta do an LED swap

ShaffNasty 01-25-2008 05:39 PM

Sorry i refer to mods as hacks... i get it from another non-car related site...

2007_wichitaSCION 01-25-2008 05:48 PM

anyone do the xb 2nd gen to submarine hack yet? i hear that ones pretty wicked ;) just push in the lighter for 30 seconds and push all the preset radio buttons

MikeInABox 01-25-2008 05:53 PM

I can see why one would call them hacks, since you'd be changing settings in the computer. At least that's how you do it on VW's & Audi's. But for that you have to have a scan-tool.

Took a few times getting used to hitting the button twice on my xB after being used to the one push on my VW. Doesn't bother me, but my wife get's ____ed if it's raining LOL.

jimmbomb 01-25-2008 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2007_wichitaSCION
anyone do the xb 2nd gen to submarine hack yet? i hear that ones pretty wicked ;) just push in the lighter for 30 seconds and push all the preset radio buttons

????? & what does that do??? jh

Whispaz 01-25-2008 07:41 PM

makes a snorkel come out of the fender, if equiped w/ a sunroof all the doors permanently lock (a ladder helps you get out of the sunroof), and the exhaust becomes a propeller. I think only one person on here has it. PM Scuba_Steve

jimmbomb 01-25-2008 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by MikeInABox
I can see why one would call them hacks, since you'd be changing settings in the computer. At least that's how you do it on VW's & Audi's. But for that you have to have a scan-tool.

Took a few times getting used to hitting the button twice on my xB after being used to the one push on my VW. Doesn't bother me, but my wife get's ____ed if it's raining LOL.

Double Post..
so I called 2 dealers today. :
Lynch Toyota 314-731-0880.

They (service tech) told me it has to be hooked up to the scan computer in their shop & changed with the computer.
This will enable you to have all the doors un-lock with a single push of the button.. Told me that I couldn't do it myself.
Also... a $75 charge for that. I insisted that it's still under warranty & I should get it for free as it was a choice as outlined in the manual page 11.
She said go talk to my sales person & he'll probally get that reduced some for me.. Okk I hang up & call..:

Seeger Toyota 314-434-5000:

Phoned them & talked to another female service supervisor.
She told me to make an appointment to bring it in as....
it has to be hooked up to the scan computer in their shop & changed with the computer.
I asked how much$$ she said the first one is FREE!
She explained that is not my fault that the factory decided on that option & that I had every right to have it changed as an option when picking up the car. She said it's stilll under warranty & it doesnt mattter where I bought it as the warranty is universal..
She repeated, the it will be FREE..first time only!.. After that I will have to pay out of pocket $$ IF I wanted to go back......

Soooo.. call more than one dealer... get THEIR stories & draw upon a most agreed on answer & go to your dealer of choice & "get R done"!!! AT NO CHARGE!! Insist on it.... good luck...
jh

SocialReject 01-25-2008 08:07 PM

The hack i want is, the manual over ride for the nav system for the 08 xb

rswscion08 01-25-2008 08:14 PM

CAn you tell me where to find my Lighter?? :pray: All i have is a Plug where it should be!! :rofl: :rofl:

lvbitwiz 01-26-2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by SocialReject
The hack i want is, the manual over ride for the nav system for the 08 xb

If you're referring to the 'let-me-watch-dvds-while driving' It's been posted (twice) just search and ye shall find. and it's dead simple to do.

davedavetC 01-26-2008 12:08 AM

lulz you haxor!

bBlover 01-26-2008 01:12 AM

Dave's got a new language!

davedavetC 01-26-2008 02:54 AM

:rolling:

Wil 01-26-2008 01:16 PM

Just found another Hack/Mod on the internet. Going to try it today at the STL CLub Meet- then kick ssum motorhead butt! Not sure if it voids the warranty, use it at your own Risk: "Always have NITRO: Press Left, Up, Left, Down, Left, Down, Right, X"

Next I'm going to try the Improved Handling: Press Triangle (must be the warning flashers), right, right, left, right, left, right 2, left.

Why haven't these been posted before? :silly:

Zsanz 01-26-2008 02:37 PM

i guess you all know how too keep the stabilty control and vsc off?