Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

New Member from FL w/2015 Army Rock Metallic xB

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 12:30 PM
SL Member

Default New Member from FL w/2015 Army Rock Metallic xB

Figure I may as well introduce myself as I've already started posting, don't want to get the cart before the horse. I read the Forum rules and announcements, sticky's. I will use the Search function prior to launching questions, although I may have some questions as this car and forum are new to me.
I have been driving Toyotas for 40 years, currently own two 4Runners which I really enjoy and have owned all generations for 20 years. With that being said I test drove a Gen2 Scion xB...just because it was on the lot when I bought my new to me 2015 4Runner TRD Premium. I fell in love with the Scion,
my wife hated it telling me it's a kids car and she won't ride in it. (I'm okay with that) I have just purchased a 2015 Scion xB with 30k on the clock and when it arrives from California I will be selling my 4Runner.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy, I love the xB, it's fun to drive, easy to navigate and parking, it has more headroom, more comfortable and very roomy cabin, I like the dash, easier for me to get in and out of, big easy access doors. I'm crazy about the looks, most people don't understand my excitement.
I think it's a love/hate thing, for me it's a love thing. This vehicle will do everything I need for my daily commute and look good, save money doing it. I could own three of these for the price of my 4Runner, all I want is a rear camera and Blue Tooth anyway...don't need all the other gadgetry.

I can only hope that I'm as pleased as I am excited when it actually arrives.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-28-2020 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 01-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Pleasure hearing from you semscion. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old 01-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello semscion! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you in:

Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (2008-2015)

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

MR_LUV
Administrator

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-30-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:03 PM
SL Member

Thanks for the reply's...
Jon, I'll get pictures posted after I receive it this week, got to shine it up first. Keep in mind it's clean and bare bones stock down to the fugly hub caps right now. That will all change soon enough.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Scion! You've come to the right place - there is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Have fun surfing around!
Old 01-15-2020, 10:12 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by carid
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Scion! You've come to the right place - there is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Have fun surfing around!
Yes, I've already ordered and received accessories, mats, visors, Scion cup holder coasters from CARiD, looking at wheel options also. I don't want to alter the good ride that impressed me for a small vehicle, so I'm going to move carefully on the wheel/size etc.
Also looking at the rear spoiler, concerned about "drilling into my new car" corrosion, leaking etc....I do see MANY xB's with spoilers though. Probably not an issue.
Thanks

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-15-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:57 PM
SL Member

My new xB to me deal was a bummer. The car shipped from Nevada via CarMax and arrived with three nice dings, scratches on both bumpers, many paint chips on the hood. Smelled bad like a wet dog, dog hair inside on the seats and in the hatchback.
This was disappointing as I had asked them to detail any damage no matter how minor they thought it was, so not to be disappointed. Oh well, they ate that $900 transfer fee. I walked from this deal.

I found another 2015 Army Rock Metallic, with black Scion factory wheel upgrade, 33k on the clock in what appears to be perfect condition from Carvana.. Times have changed, I bought this car totally on my cell phone and docu-signed electronic signatures,
including updating insurance via cellphone. This will arrive at my door Thursday. I can't say enough about the ease and professionalism of this Carvana Company. I really prefer this color and wheels, less miles and less money delivered to my door. OUTSTANDING!!!

Pics will follow, of course. Patience is a virtue, this all worked out for the better.

____
Old 01-23-2020, 11:39 PM
SL Member

Carvana delivered today. This car exceeds my expectations, absolutely perfect condition I am shocked. The paint is flawless with a deep shiny clearcoat.
The Black Scion wheels with the Scion logo are in perfect condition and look smashing on the Army Rock Metallic. Now I can get to work on making it mine with a few modifications.

I'm sure that's how you all started out...and just keep going until there's no more cool Scion stuff to be had. I'll get pics up this weekend.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:57 AM
SL Member

Default Picures Finally

Originally Posted by semscion
Carvana delivered today. This car exceeds my expectations, absolutely perfect condition I am shocked. The paint is flawless with a deep shiny clearcoat. The Black Scion wheels with the Scion logo are in perfect condition and look smashing on the Army Rock Metallic. Now I can get to work on making it mine with a few modifications. I'm sure that's how you all started out...and just keep going until there's no more cool Scion stuff to be had. I'll get pics up this weekend.
Okay, here we go...my first attempt at picture posting. I clay barred and waxed, detailed my new to me xB. Drove across Tampa bay at highway speeds for the first time
and must say I'm impressed with the room, the ride, smooth effortless shifting, nimble city handling and actually the acceleration is much better than expected from a little car.
This is my first 4 cylinder engine vehicle @ I'm 56 years old. I am enjoying this little scoot. I bought this car unseen from my cell phone on Carvana, easy peasy delivered to my door without a single scratch or ding.
Truly "as new" condition. Thumbs up to Carvana.

16" Scion factory wheel option

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 AM
SL Member

Default Window/Hood Visors

I just installed my window visors and found a hood visor from Canada. I originally ordered from CARiD for the "In Channel" window visors. After reading reviews with window closure issue, wear and scratched tint I exchanged them for a low profile 3M stick on version.
I had these on my 4Runners since new, one vehicle I had for 17 years, no issues so decided to stay with that style. The In Channel look slick and more of a factory look, oh well I'm still pleased.

Also installed LED lighting and 15 chip each LED reverse lights 30 chips total. Reverse is brighter than some folks headlights and are clearly visible in daylight helpful for backing up in parking lots (other people see me) LED interior lighting.
The press activated overheads give nice light when needed. The door activated dome is too bright (6 chip) and everyone on the street can see my door open at night. I may change that out.

Having my windows tinted Saturday to match the rear factory rear tint. I love the Bluetooth phone feature, I can make my calls hands free while sitting in traffic on my ride home. It works real well, everyone says it's super clear, no issues. I'm digging this little wagon.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-30-2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Merged to Existing Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 08:03 PM
SL Member

I had the front windows tinted today to match the rear windows, not legal but looks real sharp, had an illegal deep visor strip tinted as well on the front windshield. Looks great and functional driving into the sun in Florida. I've done every car like this for 40 years now with zero police issues. Also changed out my window visors to a slim design polycarbonate which just looks much better. Also purchased a full set of MAXpider sound deadening 3 layer laser cut, custom fit floor mats. They are beyond my expectations and far exceed the quality of my new Weathertech in my 4 Runner, less money also. Installed black rubber license plate frames to house my black plates and finish my blacked out theme with black badging. These are non corrosive, rust, no vibration, no paint damage. Pretty cool, found them on Amazon and never new they existed before. Oh yeah, a stealth blacked out American flag for the front license plate.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:42 AM
SIT
SL Member

It’s not a common color and I’ve only seen one other in Army Rock Metallic. I also went with black wheels to match the vehicles trim.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-24-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:53 PM
SL Member

SIT where are you located, I see Palm Trees. Looks like Florida home. Never mind, I see your in Tampa.
I thought I had the only one in the area, at least were on different sides of the Bay. Did you buy your wheels or did they come with? Mine have Scion logos and I thought they were a factory option, although cannot locate them anywhere.
Nice looking scoot.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:17 PM
SIT
SL Member

The wheels are Enkei. I bought them in 2015 just after purchasing the vehicle. My xB came with standard steel wheels and wheel covers. I caution anyone buying/using any wheels that are not stock to make sure the stock tire change accessories included with the vehicle will work with the substitute wheels. The factory lug wrench WOULD NOT work with my custom wheels. Unfortunately, I found the hard way while traveling to Bartow in neighboring Polk County and got a flat tire.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:08 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SIT
The wheels are Enkei. I bought them in 2015 just after purchasing the vehicle. My xB came with standard steel wheels and wheel covers. I caution anyone buying/using any wheels that are not stock to make sure the stock tire change accessories included with the vehicle will work with the substitute wheels. The factory lug wrench WOULD NOT work with my custom wheels. Unfortunately, I found the hard way while traveling to Bartow in neighboring Polk County and got a flat tire.
Thanks for passing that little gem along, factory lug wrench does not fit my wheels lug nuts either. I did find a tool/adapter in the car. I would not have researched this without seeing your post.
Much appreciated!!
Old 05-25-2020, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice wheels man! Bring on the mods!
Old 12-30-2020, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on your ride! it looks gorgeous and im so happy you found one in such good shape. many xb's i see for sale are in horrendous condition, neglected and dented all over the place. nice to see a well-treated xb went to another owner that is treating it well.

happy miles to you.