no.... more like the matrix..

look in the xD forums
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=152849
Old 12-16-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

ok. im sittng here in a deli with scikotics, some of evolution and most of scinergy. we all agree-- we're gonna be broke from buying new cars next year.

my take on the new xb is think of a new jdm bb stretched over the tc frame so its longer and wider. the xd looks kinda like a nice mix between a yaris and ironicly a mazda 3.

its been a wild 48 hours, and im agreeing with everyone else here; scion truly takes care of us tuners-- they always said we're their inspiration, and theyve proven that here.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regular doors?

-THE DON
Old 12-16-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

So it looks really close to this?

How would the Five Axis bodykit look on the t2b?
Beacusae thats hot. I wanted a box, but got a tC because of the power....
Old 12-16-2006, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So no more 30 mpg from an xB. Glad I bought my xB, and it looks like I can check a new Scion off my list for new cars. I will look at the Yaris, though. I guess I shouldn't assume the new xB won't bet 30mpg combined like my current vehicle, but I highly doubt it.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:05 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TANTALIZEDMIND
So it looks really close to this?

How would the Five Axis bodykit look on the t2b?
Beacusae thats hot. I wanted a box, but got a tC because of the power....
uhm.. you know.. the t2B is built by FiveAxis....

you mean how the FiveAxis kit will look on the new xB?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

uh... idk. Yeah?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummm.... Question, how large are the "blind" spots at the rear quarters?
this was one of the big big factors of wifey and I of buying 2 toasters, as well as being narrow enough to fit into her tiny gov. issued parking space..

if it ain' t square....it ain't there!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, just back on-line in Philly...

Some quick answers - sorry if I miss any but I'm just going by those questions that stuck.

Sigs in side mirrors? Yup!

Would I trade Vanilla (my box) in on the new one? Damn THAT is a tough one. My big thing is I really like the basic idea of "urban Utility Vehicle" (or 'Tokyo City Car'), and the way my tiny box expresses that idea near perfectly. The new one APPEARS more upscale, more designed for the rigors of US roads, traffic, and driving style, and performing all the practical functions of a van, without the sliding doors - and looking sexy doing it. So I would keep my tiny box, but I firmly believe that the new one will be the answer to quite a few prayers...

Blind spot in the rear bigger than on old xB? Yes. Really bad? I don't know until I sit in one. I don't think it will be all that bad. (People will have to learn to adjust and use mirrors...)

I think the new windshield rake will shed rocks MUCH better - and it didn't seem to be as big a target - it's not as tall, it's behind a slightly longer hood, and lays back at a better angle.

There are some really neat nooks and crannies in the interior design that look like they were designed to tempt one to put amps and speakers in interesting places, ESPECIALLLY in the rear... :D

The headlights we saw on the new one, if they are stock, are EXCELLENT. Projectors, good size halogens, with the amber signals mounted INBOARD next to the grill, and the projectors taking the far outside position. They really do look like they BELONG.

The guy who jumped up on the turntable with the model showing off the new xB, to help her open the rear hatch to our chanted demands was the head designer for this vehicle for Scion, according to the other Scion guys I talked to. He's the same guy who did the t2b and that hot coupe I don't remember the name of - yeah, the guy from 5 Axis.

So, yes, the exterior we saw was a 5 Axis design, bit whether that is an actual kit, or if that is the real starting point for the car is unknown. If what we saw is they way it will be on the dealer's lot, there will be a waiting line...

It's not a tiny, boxy, city car, but if you can imagine the same sort of idea based on a tC with body styling by the 5 Axis t2b guy, you'll come pretty close to what we saw...

...and none of your xB wheels will fit - 5 bolt.

Tomas
Old 12-17-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think the VP said the cars had add-on body kits (doesn't sound like they will come with it default). The one thing I noticed is the xB has a dome light up front now alot more trunk space from what I could see too
Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
OK, just back on-line in Philly...

Some quick answers - sorry if I miss any but I'm just going by those questions that stuck.

Would I trade Vanilla (my box) in on the new one? Damn THAT is a tough one. My big thing is I really like the basic idea of "urban Utility Vehicle" (or 'Tokyo City Car'), and the way my tiny box expresses that idea near perfectly. The new one APPEARS more upscale, more designed for the rigors of US roads, traffic, and driving style, and performing all the practical functions of a van, without the sliding doors - and looking sexy doing it. So I would keep my tiny box, but I firmly believe that the new one will be the answer to quite a few prayers...

Blind spot in the rear bigger than on old xB? Yes. Really bad? I don't know until I sit in one. I don't think it will be all that bad. (People will have to learn to adjust and use mirrors...)

I think the new windshield rake will shed rocks MUCH better - and it didn't seem to be as big a target - it's not as tall, it's behind a slightly longer hood, and lays back at a better angle.

There are some really neat nooks and crannies in the interior design that look like they were designed to tempt one to put amps and speakers in interesting places, ESPECIALLLY in the rear... :D

The headlights we saw on the new one, if they are stock, are EXCELLENT. Projectors, good size halogens, with the amber signals mounted INBOARD next to the grill, and the projectors taking the far outside position. They really do look like they BELONG.

The guy who jumped up on the turntable with the model showing off the new xB, to help her open the rear hatch to our chanted demands was the head designer for this vehicle for Scion, according to the other Scion guys I talked to. He's the same guy who did the t2b and that hot coupe I don't remember the name of - yeah, the guy from 5 Axis.

So, yes, the exterior we saw was a 5 Axis design, bit whether that is an actual kit, or if that is the real starting point for the car is unknown. If what we saw is they way it will be on the dealer's lot, there will be a waiting line...

It's not a tiny, boxy, city car, but if you can imagine the same sort of idea based on a tC with body styling by the 5 Axis t2b guy, you'll come pretty close to what we saw...

...and none of your xB wheels will fit - 5 bolt.

Tomas
Thomas you always keep it real , you are the MFN man homie
Old 12-17-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Tomas

Tomas
YIPPEE!!! Finally the xB got turn signal mirrors, does the new xB look a lot like the spy shot that's been floating around? Cuz in the spy shot, i spotted turn signal mirrors and a pole antenna like Max stated.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dome lights, YES! Front looked like left/right split and center APPEARED to be a large array of LEDs behind the rectangular lens. I seem to recall someone suggesting that the quite excellent LED array I have in my old xB was being strongly considered as the stock light for the new xB...

Tom
Old 12-17-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did they say when they were going to release it to the public?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member

the T2B concept car was constructed by 5axis.. not designed. The T2B was designed inhouse at Toyota's studio in So.California called Calty. The new Xb was designed by Toyota too.

From what I saw...the next generation xB is basically the T2B with production specs. The actual car has the same small feeling as the current xB just a little wider. The stance is more like a VW with 17s. So don't worry that this car is a mini van. It is still small in scale.

The original Xa was a JDM car called the Ist..marketed toward successful females. The Xd is a
more aggressive evolution of that design. The side glass is more upright boxy to relate it to the xB. So it looks like a sleek version of the new xB with strong fenders.

VW has alot to worry about...no more "wimp factor" in these cars. from 40 feet away these cars are basically the current ones. So don't poop in your pants that these cars are gonna be more expensive and way too big..and "Not Scion"

Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it's keeping the Xb right?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tomas, thank you much, I am sold just by your thoughts and words. Now for more questions:

Did you get to see the interior? Does it have a better looking dash, is there a center arm rest- a full size console?

Rear speakers, are they small and low to the floor board as in the current car cuase now you mostly hear music up front. Did they mention anything bout options? Like sunroof, rear spoiler, dash appliques and so on.

Wheels were there any mention on how big we can go? I know my current wheels will fit because of universal wheel pattern but if this thing looks like the t2b, I am looking to go 20's

Fog lights are they in the bumper same position as ours or in a different spot? round or rectangular.

Start button, nav, ipod jac, remote on key head- i.e tc?

Where there any colors mentioned?

Seats are they recaror shape

I think this is enough can't think of anything else but if I do I will return.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChrisLimEditionXB
did they say when they were going to release it to the public?
I believe 60 days. Which I think will be in Chicago.

Originally Posted by metal112524
So it's keeping the Xb right?
They did say "the new xB"...
Old 12-17-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xCube
Did you get to see the interior? Does it have a better looking dash, is there a center arm rest- a full size console?

Fog lights are they in the bumper same position as ours or in a different spot? round or rectangular.
Yes, saw the interior. It had color match touchs (door controls, dash, ...) Had an armrest. Console was kinda Elementist, but look good. Instrument cluster was different, but still in the center. The fogs were round and low, but I''m not sure if that was because fo the kit or not.

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB Concept Specs & Details