Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2009 Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2009 Scion xB

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here. My 04 was wrecked a while back but I've recently found an 09 with 81K miles, that's within my budget.

I have had a hard time figuring this out so far, so I figured I'd ask here. My grandfather is disabled (partially paralyzed) and was able to fit in my 04 XB perfect, because the seat wasn't too low and the passenger door opened wide enough for him to get in. He need to use a walker sitting down in the seat and the door opened wide enough on the xB for him to be able to do that, but that was a problem with a few other cars he tried getting into.

So I was wondering if the height of the seats on 09 were the same as the height of the seats on the 04 and if the passenger door opens to the same width as the 04?

I'm hopefully going to look at the car tomorrow, so any help before then is appreciated!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-31-2018 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-24-2017, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The question I should be asking is, do the front seats sit lower on the 09 (second generation) XB than on the 04 XB?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have found the seats in both xB's are a good height for just sliding into - not too high, not too low. My wife's parents were here recently and her mum used a walker.
Getting into the front or back didn't seem to be impossible and the walker stowed handles down in the trunk.
With some Tetris like fitting of a duffle, 2 other bags and the walker, we were able to get 4 people in the car with the bags and walker in the trunk.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-31-2018 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hi my friend. i've had both a gen1 and gen2 xb (current car) and i can tell you that seating positions/heights are both very similar. sorry i dont know the exact measurements but both cars are super easy to get in and out of.

hope this helps. ideally, you could find a friend maybe that has an xb so you can try getting your grandfather in there. otherwise, perhaps you can bring him to the dealer with you...? these aren't ideal suggestions, but just giving you some ideas to try out.

hope this helps. god bless.