2013 Scion xB & Release Series info. Lots of pics of my White 2013 "build" on p8+ - Page 13 - Scionlife.com

Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2011 [AZE151]

Old 10-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #241  
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Keep Up the Good work!

MR_LUV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #242  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_LUV View Post
Keep Up the Good work!

Thank you my friend. I hope you're doing well. I don't know about work - i'm just documenting whatever i get done to my car to keep track of the $ spent

I'm at 31k miles now and i think the car is broken in now. it's super smooth depending on the road.

only issue is that the driver side door no longer locks / unlocks with the key fob. all other doors lock. anyone have an idea what this could be...? i am now manually locking the car with the key...
midtowndesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #243  

I wasn't able to find a hitch for my RS 8.0. Seems the body kit precludes me from using any options out there.
XBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #244  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBroker View Post
I wasn't able to find a hitch for my RS 8.0. Seems the body kit precludes me from using any options out there.
that sucks that you were not able to use/install a hitch... any chance of you finding a replacement bumber you can hack up to have a hitch fit...? is this too much effort?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #245  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

happy new year to all. at almost 5 years of ownership (TIME FLIES!!!!) but only at 32k miles now and the car is purring just fine. it's been cold lately so i added more air in the tires to the tpms sensor light would shut off ;)

still have the problem that the automatic door unlocker on the door does not work. when i get to the dealer for the next oil change, i'll have them look at it. other than that, car is perfecto.

Last edited by midtowndesi; 01-12-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #246  

Wow! Great thread. Nice to see that you have had no issues in 5 years even if your mileage is pretty low. How often do you drive?
SilentCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #247  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentCool View Post
Wow! Great thread. Nice to see that you have had no issues in 5 years even if your mileage is pretty low. How often do you drive?
Hey man, i appreciate you chiming in. I'm just using this thread to document whatever is going on with my xb that i love

for the first couple of years i owned the car, i did not drive often at all. now i am driving much more but it's still only a few miles per weekday and more on weekends. i'd say im averaging maybe 8k miles a year or so.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #248  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's officially 5 years since i've owned the box and im at 34,000 miles

still loving the drive, still holding up without any serious issues.

i currently have 2 problems - both driver and passenger front doors no longer unlock using the key fob. i am due for an oil change in a couple of months and i will have the dealer look at this. at first it was just the driver side that stopped locking/unlocking but now it's the front passenger door too. it is getting a bit annoying to unlock the car using the key like some sort of caveman haha
Old 04-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #249  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had an issue with both my front door locks. Both driver and passenger door locks would not open with the key fob or the buttons on the doors. I was not sure what was causing this.

So then by chance, I found a guy on YouTube that had a similar problem on his 2014 xB. He posted 2 videos on how to fix the problem yourself buying the motors that had gone bad - about $6.50 for each motor.

So I said why not give it a shot. Thankfully, this was the problem, the motors had gone bad.

I want to give a huge thank you to Mark Singleton on YouTube for posting his video on taking the doors apart. Thanks to him, I saved hundreds of dollars by doing this job myself.

For others that may come across this post via Google, this applies to all Gen2 xB's I believe.

The two videos on how to fix your door lock problems are here:

video 1:

video 2:

This is the part that you need to buy in order to fix your automatic door locks:

"10mm-Flat-Shaft-FC-280PC-22125-Door-Lock-Motor-Repair-Actuator-Toyota-Lexus-D"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-Flat-S...=1669577794001

This is what the motor looks like. This is the actual part that went bad/burned out/stopped working.

Lastly, you need a few Philips screw drivers, a Torx size 30 tool and a 10mm socket. These will help you do the whole job.

I hope this helps you guys out and saves you a ton of $.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.