Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2013 Scion xB & Release Series info. Lots of pics of my White 2013 "build" on p8+

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GOLFHAK
Shadezz, if your looking for the LEDs for the bumper they would probably charge you an arm and a leg for them. I just wanted the plastic replacement on my 012 and they wanted over 40 bucks. If someone would ever make any aftermarket stuff for the newer XBs it would be cheaper. Or quit changing the bumper!
I know aftermarket led's for the 08-10's are $130! I popped out the plastic pieces on my front bumper and ground the tabs off, sort of a forced air induction now. If you want led lights it wouldn't be hard to fab your own.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know what color and options are supposed to be on the RS10? I like the color of the RS9 and the light up badges are kind of kewl, other than that it's got to be the most basic RS.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metalcoffin
Anyone know what color and options are supposed to be on the RS10? I like the color of the RS9 and the light up badges are kind of kewl, other than that it's got to be the most basic RS.
Nope. I doubt anyone will know anything until the thing drops.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

And red has always screamed 16 year old high school girl.

I really hope the RS10 is an actual cool color. Something like pearl white... starfire pearl, pleeeease.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx

I really hope the RS10 is an actual cool color. Something like pearl white... starfire pearl, pleeeease.
Me too! The Starfire pearl or the Cerulean blue would look kick on the xB.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shadezz, if your looking for the LEDs for the bumper they would probably charge you an arm and a leg for them. I just wanted the plastic replacement on my 012 and they wanted over 40 bucks. If someone would ever make any aftermarket stuff for the newer XBs it would be cheaper. Or quit changing the bumper!
Maybe with their being a 2013 model they will now.
There is lots of stuff for the early xB2, so maybe now their will be some more for the xB 2.5.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Just needs something better than the red or ucky gold. I loved the Murasaki Purple and the Voodoo Blue. However, I prefer something a little classier.

I'd drop a brick if they made the release series in Starlight Black...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metalcoffin
I know aftermarket led's for the 08-10's are $130! I popped out the plastic pieces on my front bumper and ground the tabs off, sort of a forced air induction now. If you want led lights it wouldn't be hard to fab your own.
regarding fabbing your own DRLs, this guy did it on his 2012 xb -- https://sites.google.com/site/brickp...-drls-upgraded

my wants for an RS model:
- massive sunroof like the voodoo blue. i sat in one at a dealership and i almost bought the car then and there bc of the sunroof alone! haha
- keyless entry (convenient & the nissan cube has it)
- push button start (convenient & the nissan cube has it)
- an understated color so it's not a cop magnet. historically, the colors have been loud and crazy so this is probably not going to happen :D
- remote starter but not the crappy one that turns off once you open the door

Last edited by midtowndesi; 02-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After talking with the Scion Reps in the Colorado Region....Its been said that there will be a 10 Year Anniversary Release that includes all current models and I think it will be Black or Pearl White. Each model will include this release color and extras....

Like they said we should know more soon!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree totally!! I'll check Sparks to see if they have any clue yet.....
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well just talked with TrdSparks department and they are availble the cost for each side vertical led light is $140 retail and 106.00 x 2 that do for scionlife.com members.

We could not see if there is a wiring harness or anything else right this moment, but looks like will be wiring ourselfs for awhile....no big deal

Last edited by Shadezz; 02-13-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shadezz
After talking with the Scion Reps in the Colorado Region....Its been said that there will be a 10 Year Anniversary Release that includes all current models...
shadezz, can you elaborate on that? what does that mean?

also, black or white for the RS would be perfect since those are the two colors i am currently deciding between.....
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What he was hinting to me was "TC, XB, FRS, IQ, XD will be all the same color for the 10th Release" possible colors....Black or White. I'll keep searching and talking for more info...Sounds good for you though!!

Last edited by Shadezz; 02-16-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

People actually want those DRLs? That's the first thing I would throw in the trash...
Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=95014&endYear=2013&modelCode1=XB&sortBy=yearDESC&startYear=2013&makeCode1=SCION&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&captureSearch=true&Log=0 -- here's a bunch, a few have pics.

Last edited by midtowndesi; 02-14-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i took a look at a new 2013 xb in red and here are my initial reactions after 5 minutes of sitting in it and looking around:

1) i don't know why but the interior seemed smaller than on the 2012 xb i test drove a couple of weeks back. i know for a fact nothing on the inside of the car was changed significantly so i dont know what the hell is wrong with me :D a friend that i went to both dealerships said the same - the 2012 seemed bigger but i am sure this is not the case. just my experience and off the top of my head and i wanted to share it.

2) the red is beautiful in person. if i weren't so afraid of getting speeding tickets, i would get the red. the red + black highlights looks great in person, IMO.

3) the LED fog lights.... albeit, the car i test drove had a lot of snow/salt on it, the LED lights barely looked like they were on. i turned on the headlights, went to the front of the car and didn't see anything. i told the dealer to give it a shot. as i stood in front of the car, he turned the headlights off and then on again and only then was i able to notice that they were on. they seem to be so dull that you cannot notice them in the day time. i think people are going to be complaining about this. although i first thought the $500 premium for the 2013 model was justified for the lights (and the other small changes), now i completely think it's a crock and def. not worth $500 more than the 2012 model. this is just my opinion.

4) the pattern on the seats looks uglier in the pictures than it does in person. it still doesn't 'work with' the interior of the xb but we dont really have any options here, do we? :D

5) the new car smell is so addictive.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
so i took a look at a new 2013 xb in red and here are my initial reactions after 5 minutes of sitting in it and looking around:
3) the LED fog lights.... albeit, the car i test drove had a lot of snow/salt on it, the LED lights barely looked like they were on. i turned on the headlights, went to the front of the car and didn't see anything. i told the dealer to give it a shot. as i stood in front of the car, he turned the headlights off and then on again and only then was i able to notice that they were on. they seem to be so dull that you cannot notice them in the day time. i think people are going to be complaining about this. although i first thought the $500 premium for the 2013 model was justified for the lights (and the other small changes), now i completely think it's a crock and def. not worth $500 more than the 2012 model. this is just my opinion.
I went down to the local Toyota/Scion dealership where I got my 2012 XB to take a look at the LED DRLs on the '13 model and I can also conclude that the LED DRLs are absolute crap. Up close you can't even see that they are on. Its not until you stand back about 20 feet or bend over and look at them dead-on that you notice the slightest amount of light peeking out from them. I had them start the 2013 XB to see if they got brighter with the 14.4v over the straight battery 12v and it was a no-go. Each DRL unit appears to be 12v regulated. It bums me out because I was super eager to pick up a set for my XB.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha, i totally agree with you, autobotguy! the red 2013 xb i saw them on was running and, just like you found, that didn't help the brightness any... i think the factory simply had these in stock and just tacked them on to increase the sticker price of the car... i remember paying $17k for my 06 box brand new in 05... this one is going to be closer to 21k without any options - just taxes.... i dont feel like im getting $4k worth of extras over my original xb...

another issue - i've been looking at cars.com & autotrader and there are no 2013 models available in my area yet. the car i want (white, no options, automatic, sticker of $18,505) is nowhere to be found - closest one is about 400 miles away from me.....

a part of me still wants to hold out until the end of march because, supposedly, scion will give us word on what the xb will be replaced with at the auto show in new york...

my three options right now:

1) buy a 2013 xb (when i finally have one at a dealership close to me (or place an order with my dealer for one)) and dont look back. i dont want to place an order because, back in 05, i did that and it took the dealer 3 months to get me a car...

2) buy a 2013 RS 10 this summer

3) hold off until we see what a 2014 xb-successor will look like. if this is nice, i will lease a 2012 xb in the interim ($179/mo. seems awfully attractive) as opposed to the 2013 since they're pretty much the same car and pickup a new xb after the lease on the 2012 ends :D ....

Last edited by midtowndesi; 03-02-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE: SCION's website has been updated and now has the 2013 model info + specs, etc.

http://www.scion.com/cars/xB2013/
Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

10th year anniversary colors will be a particular grey

Quick Reply: 2013 Scion xB & Release Series info. Lots of pics of my White 2013 "build" on p8+