Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   Bought a new XB (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/bought-new-xb-116175/)

mykvr6 10-04-2007 01:43 AM

Bought a new XB

in classic silver. I've been looking at the Scions since they came out a few years ago. Been a big time VW guy for years but started looking at an XB recently to replace my tempermental GTI. My parents bought my little brother a dark blue 1st gen and they all fell in love with it. I did too. Started looking for one for myself, got a loan and was gonna buy a used one but couldn't find much. Finally decided to just get a new one so I picked one up on Sunday. A classic silver with auto trans. I love this thing! All the little things I wanted different in my brothers XB are there in this new one. More cargo space in the back, better ac, bigger engine, quieter, smoother ride. And the updated styling and interior are very nice! I was surprised it moves so good on the freeway, my bro's first gen seems to run out of steam, but mine is very willing to go. Anyway I'll get some pics up soon and keep you guys updated on mods. I'm a tinkerer, amateur mechanice and former car audio installer so it will get some tweaks here and there when I have time. First project is installing my Alpine and XM

uberspeed 10-04-2007 04:12 AM

Former VW guy here too. ;)

shortbusxb 10-04-2007 04:24 AM

silly germans

AAG 10-04-2007 04:35 AM

These things are fun, just picked mine up Tues and I'm loving it :love:.

uberspeed 10-04-2007 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by shortbusxb
silly germans

Say what you will, give me the VAG 1.8t or 2.0t and stuff that into the xB and I'd be in heaven.

bbscionxb 10-04-2007 05:50 PM

yea you will like it....and was you start buying parts for it you will not stop

xbsmitty 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

congrats! I just traded in my tempermental MINI last night for my new 08 classic silver xB.

turboCoupe 10-07-2007 06:18 PM

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the club. I used to have a jetta and switched to a tC, that led me to my B.

jimmbomb 10-07-2007 06:51 PM

mykvr6 said in part... "My parents bought my little brother a dark blue 1st gen and they all fell in love with it. I did too. Started looking for one for myself, got a loan and ""

Shoot, Youshould have begged Mom & Pop to buy YOU one too!!! This way you wouldnt need a loan!!.. Doggone baby brothers & sisters get everything handed to them!!!!.. lol lol just kidden, bud!! Enjoy your new car!!!.. jh

Beezer30 10-07-2007 10:31 PM

Goodbye for VW for me too!

I just joined this forum today as I traded my 03' Jetta in on a xB auto in classic silver as well. To say the least I am just straight excited to own this car now. It rides and performs like a vehicle that is much more expensive - and to boot I think I have joined an auto enthusiast group like no other!

I cannot wait to contine to read and upgrade and enjoy my new 08' xB!!

danos_XBox 10-07-2007 11:20 PM

Ahhhh! So many clasic silvers and so little time. :love:

Congrats!!!! :D