Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   Build this and that, can’t seem to stop.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/build-can%92t-seem-stop-236950/)

LophatXB 02-12-2019 07:06 AM

Build this and that, can’t seem to stop..

So,

The xB scene is dwindling down, since they discontinued it. I’ve had my 2nd one for over 6 years now and still love it.
Never stop thinking of things to personalize it, here are some changes to enhance it over the last couple of years.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sci...197c1ab406.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sci...b989f3ff56.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sci...0ab644606a.jpg

LophatXB 02-12-2019 02:39 PM

Greg S 02-12-2019 06:48 PM

Looking nice!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sci...c4e23a043a.jpg

How do you like the Morels up there? I did a quad set of Aura Sound 2" up there years ago with 8" in the doors and the imaging was great. Eventually dumped it to change things up.

LophatXB 02-13-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Greg S (Post 4292777)
Looking nice!

How do you like the Morels up there? I did a quad set of Aura Sound 2" up there years ago with 8" in the doors and the imaging was great. Eventually dumped it to change things up.

i like the Morels there, I have Morel in the doors too. Blew the tweeters out from a bad crossover. Now I’m running a three way crossover stuffed in the doors, and these tweeters are scan speak I think, I wish I could find some really nice metal tweeters like my old Infinity kappa tweeters, I transferred to my Lexus, which even though they are almost 30 years old still sound awesome but really aren’t made to handle the power I’m using now.. Sound overall is pretty good, I wish I could calm the mids down a bit, but I think I’ll have to switch to a sound processor instead to really clean it up, I’m more about SQ over dbs, but I play it loud a lot more than I probably should lol. I just enjoy watching people roll up their windows as I roll up, especially when there is screaming metal playing loud.

Greg S 02-13-2019 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by LophatXB (Post 4292781)

i like the Morels there, I have Morel in the doors too. Blew the tweeters out from a bad crossover. Now I’m running a three way crossover stuffed in the doors, and these tweeters are scan speak I think, I wish I could find some really nice metal tweeters like my old Infinity kappa tweeters, I transferred to my Lexus, which even though they are almost 30 years old still sound awesome but really aren’t made to handle the power I’m using now.. Sound overall is pretty good, I wish I could calm the mids down a bit, but I think I’ll have to switch to a sound processor instead to really clean it up, I’m more about SQ over dbs, but I play it loud a lot more than I probably should lol. I just enjoy watching people roll up their windows as I roll up, especially when there is screaming metal playing loud.

Same for me, I got out of the boom stage years ago. Though I do proudly hold the second noise pollution ticket ever given in Ventura, CA. My boss at the time got the first one. :)

I hear you on the old equipment, I'm running an Xtant 604x for my front stage in four channel mode, or at least will be once I finish rebuilding it again. I remember selling those Kappa speakers, they were really good, bit on the bright side for me but I like a bit more roll off on the top end.

Dannyboyxb 03-02-2019 05:28 PM

Very nice build! Where did you get the front lip? Is it a Release Series?

LophatXB 03-05-2019 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dannyboyxb (Post 4292921)
Very nice build! Where did you get the front lip? Is it a Release Series?

Thanks, It’s a Release Series 6.0, the lip is from a 06 STI, someone else here has one, mine is carbon fiber.

_________

Dannyboyxb 03-05-2019 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by LophatXB (Post 4292949)

Thanks, It’s a release series 6.0, the lip is from a 06 STI, someone else here has one, mine is carbon fiber.

Nice do you think it will work for my regular xB?
Also I have the same exhaust, except mine hangs a little lower.

Big_Jim 03-06-2019 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dannyboyxb (Post 4292950)

that release series uses the same bumper as a regular 2nd gen, so it should work.

LophatXB 03-08-2019 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dannyboyxb (Post 4292950)

My exhaust was custom made by my local shop, straight pipe no muffler, and just the tip,(it copies the Tanabe exhaust I almost bought) but cost considerably less. I’m also running Weapon R headers and S-pipe, with factory scuba still in the system. It’s, kind of loud when I step on it, but not obnoxiously loud over all. I have to put I’ll the stock stuff on soon for my smog check, so it will be interesting to hear it all with the stock manifold back on it. It’s just loud enough to be louder than the INJEN cold air intake I’m have in it.

Dannyboyxb 03-11-2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by LophatXB (Post 4293054)

My exhaust was custom made by my local shop, straight pipe no muffler, and just the tip,(it copies the Tanabe exhaust I almost bought) but cost considerably less. I’m also running Weapon R headers and S-pipe, with factory scuba still in the system. It’s, kind of loud when I step on it, but not obnoxiously loud over all. I have to put I’ll the stock stuff on soon for my smog check, so it will be interesting to hear it all with the stock manifold back on it. It’s just loud enough to be louder than the INJEN cold air intake I’m have in it.

Nice I grabbed the tanabe exhaust for a deal on eBay. I have the matching intake as well. How much of a difference did the header make? I think it'll be my last big performance mod.

xbdunks 03-23-2019 08:46 PM

where did you get the custom carbon fiber A pillars. Looks good

LophatXB 04-08-2019 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by xbdunks (Post 4293209)
where did you get the custom carbon fiber A pillars. Looks good

I made the pillars using the stock for reference.

LophatXB 04-08-2019 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dannyboyxb (Post 4293067)
Nice I grabbed the tanabe exhaust for a deal on eBay. I have the matching intake as well. How much of a difference did the header make? I think it'll be my last big performance mod.

The header makes a big difference. I’m running the stock manifold matted to the weapon-r s-pipe and custom exhaust still, just smogged it last week, passed with flying colors. But the exhaust is at least half as quiet as it was with the header on. I’ll be reinstalling the headers again soon and intake back on for the next 2 years! Lol

LophatXB 04-19-2019 06:56 AM

Battery

Originally Posted by Greg S (Post 4292790)
Same for me, I got out of the boom stage years ago. Though I do proudly hold the second noise pollution ticket ever given in Ventura, CA. My boss at the time got the first one. :) I hear you on the old equipment, I'm running an Xtant 604x for my front stage in four channel mode, or at least will be once I finish rebuilding it again. I remember selling those Kappa speakers, they were really good, bit on the bright side for me but I like a bit more roll off on the top end.

I"m wondering what battery to get for my system, I’m running an old xB-power battery, but it needs replaced. Should I just get another Xs?

XBroker 04-30-2019 06:09 PM

Sad to see this wind down. I like my xB better than my newer Lexus. Other parts of the world still gets it. It's a choking of 'US'.

LophatXB 05-08-2019 03:35 AM

Been itching for this swap for awhile, found the steering wheel at a local LKQ, then picked up the air bag from eBay.
feels great driving around with this .

Big_Jim 05-08-2019 10:19 AM

whoa, is that an FRS swap? are the buttons functional? thats really cool!

XBroker 05-08-2019 04:38 PM

Nice wheel. I've been wanting one. Too lazy to wrap one myself. They do sell OEM type versions.

LophatXB 05-08-2019 09:35 PM

It’s an IQ steering wheel, everything works, and it has the proper alignment on the clock spring. I had a leather 2006 ish steering wheel and it wasn’t the proper fit.