Build this and that, canít seem to stop.. - Scionlife.com

Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion xB 2nd Gen > Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Reload this Page >

Build this and that, canít seem to stop..

Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Build this and that, canít seem to stop..

Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Build this and that, canít seem to stop..

So,

The xB scene is dwindling down, since they discontinued it. Iíve had my 2nd one for over 6 years now and still love it.
Never stop thinking of things to personalize it, here are some changes to enhance it over the last couple of years.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Fix images
Old 02-12-2019, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking nice!

How do you like the Morels up there? I did a quad set of Aura Sound 2" up there years ago with 8" in the doors and the imaging was great. Eventually dumped it to change things up.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Looking nice!

How do you like the Morels up there? I did a quad set of Aura Sound 2" up there years ago with 8" in the doors and the imaging was great. Eventually dumped it to change things up.

i like the Morels there, I have Morel in the doors too. Blew the tweeters out from a bad crossover. Now Iím running a three way crossover stuffed in the doors, and these tweeters are scan speak I think, I wish I could find some really nice metal tweeters like my old Infinity kappa tweeters, I transferred to my Lexus, which even though they are almost 30 years old still sound awesome but really arenít made to handle the power Iím using now.. Sound overall is pretty good, I wish I could calm the mids down a bit, but I think Iíll have to switch to a sound processor instead to really clean it up, Iím more about SQ over dbs, but I play it loud a lot more than I probably should lol. I just enjoy watching people roll up their windows as I roll up, especially when there is screaming metal playing loud.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LophatXB View Post

i like the Morels there, I have Morel in the doors too. Blew the tweeters out from a bad crossover. Now I’m running a three way crossover stuffed in the doors, and these tweeters are scan speak I think, I wish I could find some really nice metal tweeters like my old Infinity kappa tweeters, I transferred to my Lexus, which even though they are almost 30 years old still sound awesome but really aren’t made to handle the power I’m using now.. Sound overall is pretty good, I wish I could calm the mids down a bit, but I think I’ll have to switch to a sound processor instead to really clean it up, I’m more about SQ over dbs, but I play it loud a lot more than I probably should lol. I just enjoy watching people roll up their windows as I roll up, especially when there is screaming metal playing loud.

Same for me, I got out of the boom stage years ago. Though I do proudly hold the second noise pollution ticket ever given in Ventura, CA. My boss at the time got the first one.

I hear you on the old equipment, I'm running an Xtant 604x for my front stage in four channel mode, or at least will be once I finish rebuilding it again. I remember selling those Kappa speakers, they were really good, bit on the bright side for me but I like a bit more roll off on the top end.