Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   Buy now or wait? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/buy-now-wait-89208/)

Slomo 01-31-2007 05:32 AM

Buy now or wait?

So Im in a kind of a dilemma. I just sold my car and want to get an xB. Im really excited about the new ones coming on the 8th but am wondering how long it will take until they get to the dealerships. So I don't know if I should buy now or wait. I do need a car though. What would you guys do?

D

GreenLantern 01-31-2007 05:38 AM

expect ot wait till mid to late fall 07....I say get one of the last few current xbs...and hang on to it! (even if you plan on getting the 2nd gen later)

rdclark 01-31-2007 05:05 PM

Re: Buy now or wait?

Originally Posted by Slomo
So Im in a kind of a dilemma. I just sold my car and want to get an xB. Im really excited about the new ones coming on the 8th but am wondering how long it will take until they get to the dealerships. So I don't know if I should buy now or wait. I do need a car though. What would you guys do?

D

It'll be late spring or early summer before you can even test-drive one, most likely. So if you can't wait 3-5 months minimum, that decision's made.

RichC

OldYeller 01-31-2007 06:23 PM

I would at least wait until the unveiling to see for sure what it looks like............

Slomo 01-31-2007 07:21 PM

Thanks guys. I guess it is just bad timing. I need a car so I am going to buy now. If I love the new ones, Ill save up some cash and get one in a year or so.

ElChupacabra 01-31-2007 07:30 PM

They will be on the lot in April. Thats 100%. Whether or not those will be available is another question. If youre interested dealerships will know what they are getting in about two weeks when that allocation comes out. Check then if you like what you see from Chicago. Get on a list early though if youre interested....

grizzly_choppers 01-31-2007 08:35 PM

Well, Joe is slightly more optomistic than I am. He's also closer to the port than I am.

I would count myself lucky to see my first new xB before the end of April. More will trickle in after that. I really hope to have one to display at the All Scion Show 4.0 (May 11-13th, 2007 www.allscionshow.com :P ).

Where are you located Slomo? If you're anywhere near me I'll help you out. I have some xBs left in allocation including an RS4.0.

-aLEX

Slomo 02-01-2007 02:01 AM

Im in Socal.

toyotatodd 02-01-2007 02:24 AM

Me 2

My 87 toyota van just blew a head gasket. So I feel the same. I am hitting up craigslist to get something on the interim.
240,000 and superfazzz
I still have a lump in my throat

ElChupacabra 02-01-2007 05:54 PM

Alex I know what youre thinkin man. I spent some time last weekend with several corporate guys from the national production office. April is the timeframe they were talking about. They should be on the last allocation in February or the first one in March. Here's to hopin...

xBster 02-02-2007 09:38 AM

I would go ahead and get one of the current ones....it will be a long while before they are available everywhere. I guarantee it will be like the xB Rebirth...everyone will be hot after them. There will be waiting lists and delays, parts and accessories unavailable....I am patient and going to wait at least a year to trade...maybe mine will be a "Collectible" by then...lol.

Slomo 02-03-2007 03:53 PM

I got one!

Well after a few years of loving this car...I finally got one. Yesterday I bought a new 06 Shadow Mica Box! I am so excited. Its my first new car and definately was a learning expierience at the dealership. The only shadow mica they had included the upgraded stereo that I didnt want or care about because I was planning on switching my head unit anyways. They said they couldnt take it out and I said then I couldnt take the car. $260 is alot of money for a college student, espescially when it is $260 dollars that will sit in a closet. They tried to find another one around without it at another dealership and werent able to. They then magically thought of letting me remove and return it to them within 30 days and they would pay me the 260. And yes I did get it in writing. I love my box and am so excited to finally be able to post that I have one! Now comes the modding. Tonight the Alpine HU goes in! Thanks for all your help!

munkymonkjr 02-03-2007 04:51 PM

congrats on the box. maybe in a few years when you pay off some of that college debt you can upgrade for a gen 2 (maybe even a gen 3 by that time) box.

RMS 02-03-2007 05:00 PM

Nice color choice :clap: you will love it. :love: I don't see too many. :clap:

YupYup 02-03-2007 11:50 PM

Congrats! I'm sure you will have fun modding it.