Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Best place to order OEM parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Best place to order OEM parts?

Any places? Still helping my friend with his trans swap. We need the basic stuff. (Master/Slave Cylinder, etc)
Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try a local junk yard we picked up all the parts for the swap for a friend for about 550 or so.

granted i had spare axle and mount for him tho.

or just get the slave and master from local orilys have warnty if they fail just return them.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trdsparks.com they have a parts section if you are interested in genuine oem parts.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aryana159
trdsparks.com they have a parts section if you are interested in genuine oem parts.
Yeah I guess I'll go to them. I've already looked at all of the "junkyardable" parts. I don't want to buy certain parts used.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kragen/O'riely's typically only have a 90 day warranty on their mechanical parts. Id rather buy from the dealership or a place that guarantees the 12 month warranty.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aryana159
I second this trdsparks.com is awesome! Great service too!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.toyotapartszone.com

You may want to try these guys also!!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ScionPartsPeople.com (Scion of Puyallup, WA) has just slightly better prices than TRDSparks.com (Sparks Scion, Myrtle Beach SC) but shipping obviously dictates advantage based on your location.

More props for TRD Sparks customer service: outstanding!
I only wish my local Scion dealer would take note, aside from their price arrogance.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GDubya
ScionPartsPeople.com (Scion of Puyallup, WA) has just slightly better prices than TRDSparks.com (Sparks Scion, Myrtle Beach SC) but shipping obviously dictates advantage based on your location.

I only wish my local Scion dealer would take note, aside from their price arrogance.
I will say that though the Scionpartspeople have decent prices, they are horrible with knowledge... I bought my second gen from their lot, and subsequently used to take my car in for oil changes there... TRDSparks is definitely the place you need to go if you want to deal with anyone who knows what they're talking about. IMHO for what it's worth.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
TRDSparks is definitely the place you need to go if you want to deal with anyone who knows what they're talking about.
Amen, Brother LT.
They've been helping me out with assembly drawings and parts id for a little safe-in-the-console project. They'll get more of my parts business for sure.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your dealer is dumb then. I work parts at a dealer here and I'll match most of anything if the margin is there. I also run the eBay account for the dealership. Technically dealerships are not supposed to change pricing to scion accessories. It's part of the straight pricing scion is all about.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SamCarroll
Your dealer is dumb then. I work parts at a dealer here and I'll match most of anything if the margin is there.
Yes...
I paid $865.60 for a spoiler, TRD springs, rear swaybar and strut brace from TRD Sparks, saving $183.40 off MSRP + $97.03 in sales tax + Cyber-Monday free shipping (normally $41.57). My selling dealer first tried to tell me that I wouldn't be covered under Toyota-parts/installation warranty if I didn't buy the TRD parts from him; utter BS.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes...
I paid $865.60 for a spoiler, TRD springs, rear swaybar and strut brace from TRD Sparks, saving $183.40 off MSRP + $97.03 in sales tax + Cyber-Monday free shipping (normally $41.57). My selling dealer first tried to tell me that I wouldn't be covered under Toyota-parts/installation warranty if I didn't buy the TRD parts from him; utter BS.
Wow. It bugs me to hear these horror stories of dealerships. One of the main reason I'm proud to work at one because we all strive to break the "stealership" mold. It's frustrating to hear these stories.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SamCarroll
Your dealer is dumb then. I work parts at a dealer here and I'll match most of anything if the margin is there. I also run the eBay account for the dealership. Technically dealerships are not supposed to change pricing to scion accessories. It's part of the straight pricing scion is all about.
Amen Sam, and thank you GDub, it is frustrating when I inquire about things that are seemingly simple and straight forward only to get the run-around or complete ignorance.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, I got a quote from TRDSparks. Comparing prices, the xB parts seem to be more expensive in general. The pedals seem to be more expensive in general....and the shift linkage is 411 bucks. Yikes! Haha.