Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help me out please

How's it going peeps. It has been a few years since I've posted anything and I recently picked up a new HID kit. I remember seeing a thread from a guy with detailed DIY who installed the ballasts completely hidden inside his bumper. Install was amazingly clean. I tried for almost an hour and I can't find it. Anyone able to get me the link for this thread. If I remember correctly it was an xb2 and I can't remember anything more then that. If you can find a good forum to help me out I would highly appreciate it.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Was it for headlights or fogs? With how small these ballasts are getting, its really easy to throw some 3m double sided on them and hide them almost anywhere.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

On the 2nd gen XB there are small slots on the headlight bracket that slim ballasts slide in perfectly. I had my slim ballasts installed in these slots up until I got my larger Hylux units.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry, but your wrong there pdxgen2. My Hylux and even the slim FastBright ballasts are rock solid and perform as well as an OEM HID ballast. Xentec is a super cheap build quality piece of kit, and that is coming from experience with installing dozens of HID kits from super cheap to painfully expensive. Even DDM Tuning kits are FAR above in quality compared to Xentec. The Xentec ballasts are well know for not putting out a full 35 watts and usually take quite a time to build up to "full power". Generally even good bulbs with those ballasts tend to shift their color to more of a blue-ish tone due to the ballast not supplying a full charge to the bulb. FastBright F3 ballasts can be had for cheap on sites like aliexpress and even ebay, and most kits with those ballasts include CN-Light bulbs...which are quite nice.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by autobotguy
I'm sorry, but your wrong there pdxgen2. My Hylux and even the slim FastBright ballasts are rock solid and perform as well as an OEM HID ballast. Xentec is a super cheap build quality piece of kit, and that is coming from experience with installing dozens of HID kits from super cheap to painfully expensive. Even DDM Tuning kits are FAR above in quality compared to Xentec. The Xentec ballasts are well know for not putting out a full 35 watts and usually take quite a time to build up to "full power". Generally even good bulbs with those ballasts tend to shift their color to more of a blue-ish tone due to the ballast not supplying a full charge to the bulb. FastBright F3 ballasts can be had for cheap on sites like aliexpress and even ebay, and most kits with those ballasts include CN-Light bulbs...which are quite nice.
I removed my post, since it was misinterpreted....i would never run Xentec and never have...I posted that pic to show the size and shape of the larger, USUALLY higher quality ballasts, that is all.....I should know better than to get involved with any discussion regarding HID, because everyone is right, no one is wrong, and the kit each person has in their car, regardless of cost, is the best kit out there...lol!
Old 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by drewsxb808
I remember seeing a thread from a guy with detailed DIY who installed the ballasts completely hidden inside his bumper. Install was amazingly clean. I tried for almost an hour and I can't find it.
Anyone able to get me the link for this thread. If I remember correctly it was an xB2 and I can't remember anything more then that.
I don't have that link. But, you can check out these two:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...w-pics-101087/

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...ots-up-151782/

MR_LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-19-2017 at 11:36 PM.