Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

How Fast have you gone w/ your xB2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When the odometer is set on total accumulated miles (not Trip A or Trip B), push the odometer selector button and hold it down for a few seconds; the same way you would to reset Trip A or Trip B.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 AM
SL Member

Wouldnt staying and reving at the highest rpm 2 try to go faster blow your engine... Lets say you get up to 127 (which I think Car and driver said is the fastest) and you stay there and stay there and stay there.. wouldnt ur engine pretty much overheat and blow sooner or later lol...
Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just keep in mind its going to take way more effort and room to stop it than it did to get up to speed. When you bring it down to 40, you are going to need to start engine braking it as the brakes are going to fade out if you are doing any fast stopping.

I dont mind driving fast, its the suddent stop and shower of plastic pieces when you hit someone I hate that pulls out in front of you.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

fastest the xb2 can go is 130mph
Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MauiGideon
Wouldnt staying and reving at the highest rpm 2 try to go faster blow your engine... Lets say you get up to 127 (which I think Car and driver said is the fastest) and you stay there and stay there and stay there.. wouldnt ur engine pretty much overheat and blow sooner or later lol...
Well, if you hold any engine at redline, it will suffer from accelerated wear, and if not enough of a safety margin was built into the engine, you suffer from the risk of throwing a con rod, or snapping some critical part of your valve train, all of which can cause some pretty serious engine damage. As far as overheating, with a good oil, one minute at redline going highway speeds shouldn't be a problem, since all the air coming through that radiator will keep the engine relatively cool. I'd be far more worried about throwing a rod then overheating through. If you're going to spend any considerable amount of time at redline, it might be wise to invest in a set of powdered metal rods that have been magnafluxed, and your engine balanced, considering these are mass produced engines designed to get people from point A to point B daily for several years under pretty calm circumstances. A trip to the redline every now and then with some hard acceleration shouldn't be a problem, but holding it there is scary.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i havent hit over 90mph since i got my speeding ticket 3 weeks after getting the car... (i was doing 71mph in a 45... I thought the limit was 65 since i was on a "hwy"... and i was going down hill... major bummer!)
Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chewys_xb2
ive never even reached 80
At least someone is smart here.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM

i got my governor deleted, and a T3 .46AR turbo setup @ 9 psi.
I have a few speedo shots of the "turbox" @ 140mph.
I'll upload them soon!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so you running .46 ar im sorry lol lets see the set up and why would you put such a little turbo on your car
Old 04-19-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ran 105 in my xB2, but still went to that Limiter on my xB 1 (112MPH) plenty of times. Masybe because I feel so confined in the xB2 makes me not want to drive it as fast as my xB1.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by coryjames
so you running .46 ar im sorry lol lets see the set up and why would you put such a little turbo on your car
I bought it right when I got the B. I wanted to see the difference from stock, and if the tranny was able to handle it. I had to get a new one on my supra because i got a turbo with a little bit too much *****. Better safe than sorry. I'll upload pics when i get home. Im in the UK right now doing a presentation.
I'm really waiting on that TRD SC to come out though.
I'm not huge on turbos unless its the supra haha. Im running a Stillen Stage 3 in my G35 right now, and the Supra is cranking out about the same HP twin turbo'd and the SC just feels more reliable and alot more powerful than the TC.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:31 AM

in my friends xb1 we did 110.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soupy
Originally Posted by coryjames
I bought it right when I got the B. I wanted to see the difference from stock, and if the tranny was able to handle it. I had to get a new one on my supra because i got a turbo with a little bit too much *****. Better safe than sorry. I'll upload pics when i get home. Im in the UK right now doing a presentation.
I'm really waiting on that TRD SC to come out though.
I'm not huge on turbos unless its the supra haha. Im running a Stillen Stage 3 in my G35 right now, and the Supra is cranking out about the same HP twin turbo'd and the SC just feels more reliable and alot more powerful than the TC.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

your 20 have all those cars and know nothing about them???? and why in gods name would you take out a turbo to put a piece of crap sc in it are you retarded

end rant
Old 04-19-2008, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Ouch!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:08 AM

you know what screw you.
yeah i am and i do have those cars. I got a big inheritance after my fathers death and kept his shop going for him, and i got to keep his cars. i do know what im talking about AND i have pics to prove it. Give me until sunday and ill show you.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok homes burn
Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I perfer a supercharger as well on the xB2.

the xb isnt some race car, even if you turbo it you cant even beat a stg1 wrx.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

114 MPH is like 4500 RPMS in the automatic car. Mine has no problem cruising at that speed. I ve had it to 121 but only for a second.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boooosty
I perfer a supercharger as well on the xB2.

the xb isnt some race car, even if you turbo it you cant even beat a stg1 wrx.

try the search our cars boosted will take down sti's wrx wouldnt stand a chance say goodbye to mister srt-4 boy gt mustang lick my balllllls here is a video of what a turbo xb can do seeing out car weighs 90 pounds more then a tc it wouldnt be that off

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6N3_HUb0lBA
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I am no expert on cars but I'm sure horsepower and weight are not the only factors for speed

Are you saying that a turbo tc and a xb2 with the same turbo setup (and 90lbs lighter) would have the same results and acceleration?

Quick Reply: How Fast have you gone w/ your xB2?