Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

It's one thing to not have aftermarket suppport....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 02:59 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default It's one thing to not have aftermarket suppport....

But when there's absolutely no aftermarket oe replacement parts for the 08+ xb locally, that is very concerning.

Long story short, I replaced my blown tranny and installed a new clutch at the same time. My passenger axle got the threads stripped during removale, so I needed a replacement axle. No luck, until my mechanic FINALLY found someone who had one and it felt like I was finding parts for my Dad's 81 Lincoln once I did.

I also tried to get just a replacement nut for the driver side axel and no luck, I had to clean up the old one and reuse it (I wanted new ones on both sides).

And just for gibbles I searched the main local auto part chains websites and if you need more than fluids, filters or brake pads/rotors for the xb, youre going to have to special order it or order online elsewhere. You cant even walk into an Autozone or Oreilly and get replacement shocks for this thing after 7 years of production!

Just a little concerned because once Toyota starts discountinuing parts, this car is going to be difficult to get parts for imo.