Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   My HTM Spoiler is on back order... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/my-htm-spoiler-back-order-103285/)

MikeMayer 05-31-2007 03:39 PM

My HTM Spoiler is on back order...

Bought the car on 5/18/07 and the spoiler has been on back order ever since.

Silly spoiler is spoiling my alarm install... among other things.

Anyone else having trouble getting parts for their xB?

roXor_boXor 05-31-2007 10:04 PM

I'll let you know soon. I ordered several things (including the spoiler) from TRD Sparks this week. I think it will be in my hands within the next 2-5 days. Part of my order shipped yesterday and last I heard the rest ships tomorrow.

The fedex tracking says the two shipped yesterday are scheduled for delivery June 2. I guess I did not know fedex was doing Saturday delivery for ground home delivery stuff. We'll see.

Regardless, it looks like I can get a little done this weekend since I got my HID's from cliffud today and some of the other stuff may show Saturday. Wheels and tires should show middle to late next week. Looks like I'm going to be very busy the following weekend. :D

Mtxo 05-31-2007 11:46 PM

blah - yes - troubles getting parts.

I ordered the shift pedals, shifter, underdash illumination and nicey pretty grill insert.

All on back-order!

It seems like they have enough to put on cars, but don't want to send them out for after factory installs.

eight08customs 06-01-2007 01:36 AM

mines is on BO also.. plus the TRD springs

MikeMayer 06-01-2007 04:31 PM

Okay I was worried the dealership was being funny...

Especially because yesterday when I went over there they had a HTM xB with a SPOILER on it!

Even though I was the second person to buy that car from the dealership......... Maybe they received the car with the spoiler already installed?

Liquid-R1 06-01-2007 05:08 PM

Interestingly enough, I was just at the Toyota dealer picking up a rear cargo cover and Rear Bumper Protector, and I saw a HTM w/ the spoiler on it as well. This was in San Jose, CA

MikeMayer 06-01-2007 05:16 PM

I'll go back and fight them.

j/k... at least I'm patient and understanding...

Now how about the friggin xB subwoofer... I really need my low fix.

Mtxo 06-01-2007 05:51 PM

A lot of the ones I saw had the spoiler already attached and I saw them roll off the truck. I think they are getting them that way and have none to install. But what do I know? :lalala:

RiCe3aTeR 06-02-2007 09:10 AM

Mike, where'd you get your xb? I bought mine in hb and am waiting for my spoiler also

MikeMayer 06-02-2007 03:42 PM

Scion of Huntington Beach

roXor_boXor 06-02-2007 04:21 PM

Well my spoiler arrived today from Sparks as promised.

Unfortunately, the $24 Installation kit that includes the instructions and most importantly the templates that I ordered did not arrive with it. :tap: I could do it without the instructions and templates, but I ordered them to make it easy. :roll:

Ken is getting it to me ASAP to correct what was evidently a simple shipping error.

At least I have the spoiler since that is obviously a bit of a trick. If you are having trouble getting one you can check Sparks. I ordered mine on Monday (holiday) and received it Saturday.

Ken said Scion sometimes limits the number of each item the dealers can get when items are new. Sounds like it might be worth checking other dealers since you guys have several to choose from out there.

MikeMayer 06-04-2007 05:22 PM

I received an ETA today from the dealership. They say it'll arrive on June 11th.

3 weeks after I bought the car.

RiCe3aTeR 06-04-2007 09:59 PM

3 weeks is not so bad...it's been 2 weeks for me already and I haven't heard any news. :tap:

MikeMayer 06-04-2007 10:48 PM

I called them almost every day. I think they actually were getting a little annoyed with my calls... but I wanted to make sure that they knew I was very interested in having my car whole.

Now if only I could find a way to order the sub... and to see an xB2 with the overhead compartment so I can see if I'd want it......... yep

RiCe3aTeR 06-05-2007 03:18 AM

my spoiler's coming in tomorrow. i can't wait!