Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My main problem with the 2008 xB that was shown in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Dont let my avatar fool you lol, I was just lucky enough to have a couple of nice girls from hooters pose on my car. Emissions in a state has nothing to do with it, Im just saying that regardless of what option or loan you take you are still technically paying cash for any item that would change emissions on your car. New Mexico doesnt have emissions checks but I still can't finance the CAI on my xB.

I didn't reply in this thread to get a flame war going, it was motly to point out that Templin said the body kits would be available through Optomize, which so far to me has been a dud. I saw the dual exhaust but I would be willing to bet that it is an upgrade.

I canceled my FJ for the new xB, and I have plenty of money at the dealer... if only the damn catalog would come out already so I could start accounting for where some of that money will be going :D
Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

<--- anti flame

sorry for any flame that may have been perceived. I think you are all good friendly people.

my intentions are to dispell rumors and incorrect statements.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by shorberg
<--- anti flame

sorry for any flame that may have been perceived. I think you are all good friendly people.

my intentions are to dispell rumors and incorrect statements.
No worries at all bro, thanks for the info and any education you can give us from a dealers standpoint.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

word!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

actually the only option I got was a 5 speed and cruise(the dealership here where I bought mine considers the 5 speed an option because they don't order them that way) but I could have gotten and financed the AEM CAI and the TRD Exhaust, but I didn't want a $500 hunk of scrap under my hood, or a weedwacker exhaust
Old 12-30-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

ok . . .

nevermind, i won't even touch that one, lol.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

what can I say, your dealership (your the one that Rob buys from right?) is better then landers, the salespeople treat their customers (atleast the ones that don't show up wearing a suit, and own 4 or 5 platinum credit cards) like crap, and they don't order a single standard transmission vehicle therefor they consider a stick an "option" I'm not saying they charge extra for it or anything just means you have to wait alot longer to get a toyota product with a stick then an auto
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I agree about Landers. Bought from them too. Arkansas doesn't have any inspections - to answer a previous question.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

landers sucks, and thats putting it gently, they treated my parents like crap when they went to buy 2 toyotas, they treated me like crap too, if your buying in central arkansas buy north point
Old 01-01-2007, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

sorry to hear the local daeler doesn't hold up in your book, but i have heard that about just about every dealer from someone at some point including my own. hey, not everyone will be happy all the time and there is always bound to be someone who is upset. nonetheless, if you do need some service from a toyota or scion dealer, feel free to drive to springfield, i'll be glad to help out.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

lol yea I'd have to take a few days off to do that Shorberg, it just isn't practical, I'm going to drive the 120+ miles round trip to north point, and have the good techs, that know about cars, and not bicycles, work on my car, the ones that actually give a crap about the customers, even if one of them is a traitor for driving a skyline
Old 01-01-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

ok ok now boys... I 2 work for a dealer, I am the scion manager and the inventory manager..

shorburg is correct in all that he has said with the scion ways.. its the dealers that don't know crap about what scion is really about that are doing stuff wrong, and i feel sorry for the lad that purchases a scion and does some upgraded supercharger cold air thing and then something goes wrong...

but who knows....

some one was saying in Miami that they don't have cruise control as an option in the scions in other regions but why do we have it here in the set region>>??????

i can't wait to see what the xB looks like stock.... maybe we can win a trip to chicago.... to see it 2.????

Happy New Year!
:Queen: B
Old 01-01-2007, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

that would be cool, but I wouldn't go, I can't take anymore time off for that, I'd love to see factory cruise on the scions, much like the old celicas had with the buttons actually on the wheel, not on a stick that either moves with the wheel (tc) or stays stuck to the colum (xb) I'd like to see it on the wheel itself, like in many, many other cars
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ScionEyes
ok ok now boys... I 2 work for a dealer, I am the scion manager and the inventory manager..

shorburg is correct in all that he has said with the scion ways.. its the dealers that don't know crap about what scion is really about that are doing stuff wrong, and i feel sorry for the lad that purchases a scion and does some upgraded supercharger cold air thing and then something goes wrong...

but who knows....

some one was saying in Miami that they don't have cruise control as an option in the scions in other regions but why do we have it here in the set region>>??????

i can't wait to see what the xB looks like stock.... maybe we can win a trip to chicago.... to see it 2.????

Happy New Year!
:Queen: B
right on! if i understand the system right, SET and Gulf States are independantly owned like franchises essentially and do things a little differently. Toyota controls everything for it's dealers at the port, although GS and SET can pretty much do whatever they want. This is why you can sell cruise from the port and I cannot. I think you also have like chrome door handles and rocker panels and some other stuff . . . we don't do anything that isn't on the scion website as a scion genuine accessory from the port currently. this may change, but i doubt it. gulf states and set have always done things a little different, but it's because of their agreement with toyota. basically they have their own port that does whatever the guy who owns it tells them too.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
and they don't order a single standard transmission vehicle therefor they consider a stick an "option" I'm not saying they charge extra for it or anything just means you have to wait alot longer to get a toyota product with a stick then an auto
That is pretty much true of just about any dealer you can name; Toyota stick shifts are manufactured in far fewer quantities than autos. They can be really hard to get hold of, especially if someone wants a specific colour.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I wasn't picky with color, I wanted cruise, and a five speed, thats it, still had a 2 week - 6 month wait
Old 01-03-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I was told a 2 week wait for a BSP 5 speed and got it in 10 days.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

they gave me their xb to drive for 13 and a half days, I had to return it, they gave me an 04 neon that couldn't make right turns, you had to have the steering wheel turned full right to go straight, one cylinder didn't fire, the other three knocked, had about 250k miles on it, and was ragged out bad on the inside, I drove that for a day and a half, when they told me mine was in I burnt the front tires off of it hauling butt to the dealership, to get my bop 5 spd
Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another thing to add on the sales side is that salesman can't really talk down about other vehicles. not because they don't know about them, but because it's not alowed, thats what i learned from teh sales business atleast. i kept vearing people away from the bad stuff and getting them the good and i was let go for it HAHA! they said i can't "talk down about other makes or models because it hurts the rep." i don't give a damn, i care about getting my customer a car that will make them happy, not a car that they will be comming back in a week with a butt ton of problems.

my sales potition was in the audio world so i can't say much about automotive sales BUT, i don't doubt that the same rule goes on there.