Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My Scion xB 2011 CATCH UP Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't get it? If your going to get defensive about what people say then why post it? its in peoples nature to get off topic no need to razz them about it just switch the topic back. Are you asking for assistance or do you only want to show off your build?

It seems you just burned everyone with input on your last large post about this thread lol.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vedlinyrim
I don't get it? If your going to get defensive about what people say then why post it? its in peoples nature to get off topic no need to razz them about it just switch the topic back. Are you asking for assistance or do you only want to show off your build?

It seems you just burned everyone with input on your last large post about this thread lol.

You're the one who said that you don't get it, and it's pretty much pointless to have a fast "tissue-box", correct? Thanks for your input. It all comes down to properly reading the posts. Most of the "defensiveness" is in regard to that select person commenting on things that don't even exist, and on problems that are not even there. BECAUSE they did not read. I apologize for being so straightforward, but it's quite annoying when somebody doesn't have the respect to read what I have posted before they post themselves criticizing my work. I'm sure many posters would agree.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please remove my quotes from this thread, as I have yours. i will also delete this comment after 1 business day. For the purposes of being the adult here, I will add that as I pointed out above, my intentions were merely to gain factual evidence and your logical thinking, since it appears, not only to myself, you *think* you may know more than you actually do, but you do NOT. I would advise you to utilize scionfred's advice in the interim, you will find his information to be your most valuable asset, when troubleshooting. Based on your aggravated response, one can wholeheartedly assume you suffer from either a large amount of ***** envy, or the incapacity to properly assume criticism.

I can add that my original efforts were to assist you, however, that agenda has long passed.

I will direct rob and kareem to this thread when I see them in person at the end of the week. Seems, that World Motorsports has appointed you as their liason to scionlife threads regarding functionality of their kits, but im sure as you have heard from them, your choice to make modifications to the kit is ultimately what costed you more cash.......matter of fact, ill give Kareem a call on his cell in the next hour.

enjoy your frankenstein kit, and good luck to both your trans and motor......if you need a solid rebuilt transmission (which im confident you will down the road), your more than welcome to PM me and I will be more than glad to help you out for a good price.

any statistics major, or competent person for that matter, knows the likely hood of 100% confidence is .0000001%.

enjoy your thread where 1,000,000 xB owners will talk about how interested they are, or going to buy a turbo kit and NEVER do, only to price haggle in the PPC section over a $100 used intake because it "addz mad power and horsez yo".

your accomplishments here are at best mediocre.....while 10 of us here have already been boosted with the same kit for some time now....the difference is that we were smart enough to NOT tamper with a perfectly functioning turbo kit in the first place.

I appologize that I could not keep up with your horrible thread clutter, and properly decipher at which stage you installed what. Originally, my thought was that you were competent enough to install a basic kit, however, as the thread and pictures progressed, you proved me wrong on that account.

If your ever in the LA area, id be more than glad to show you what a PROPERLY installed/tuned descendant turbo kit runs like at 8PSI (you can PM me for my info) . At around 275hp/tq, this car would turn a 14.0 if you drove it backwards, and let off at 4k in every shift.

I was being *nice* and cordial my first time around with the congrats to your choice....this time around not so. CONGRATS on creating the biggest clusterf*kc I have ever seen under the hood of a world/descendant build, and your $2000 waste on parts/Tuning *issues*

please promote this as your own personal kit, not a DESCENDANT/WORLD one, as I am thoroughly shamed to say you own the same product as me on this thread.

another install*user/FAIL thread [/quote]

Now, once again I have to waste more time responding. I don't see how your previous post was in any way helpful, maybe I was a little rude with my responses, but I'm sure you know how it feels when somebody doesn't read your post, but posts anyways. I'm also sorry you feel that way regarding my set-up, but I whole-heartedly disagree, obviously.

Also, I respect Fred's opinion on this matter, but I also respect the opinions of my tuner, mechanic, and Mike and Kareem at Descendant. Oddly enough, the second wastegate idea was directly from Kareem.... Just so you know. Also, despite what it looks like, I get more compliments now regarding the kit than I ever did before... I know, hard to believe. It's great advertisement for DESCENDANT, and great business. I have nothing but positive things to say about them, as you would see in every single one of my threads how much I praise their support and service. I believe they update themselves on these threads anyways, I don't think they will need your assistance.

Also, everything is in direct chronological order of installation, I'm sorry that's complicated.

I'm not claiming any special accomplishments, but I do enjoy what I have done, and I absolutely love my kit. Obviously, sometimes I worry about choices I make, but I do my best to make the right ones.

It seems like you're also bashing the ScionLife community... If you dislike the forum so much, and you delete all of your posts after posting, why post?

Finally, it's completely alright. I will leave up the post so everybody can continue to read through and keep themselves updated! I apologize for not wanting to take advice from somebody who blew their transmission in such a short time... hopefully you understand.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a shame we can't all meet up for a beer and talk this out. IMO this is just a typical www forum misunderstanding. Lord knows I've been involved in my share! Knowing both of you, albeit not very well, I think you guys would get along fine in person. I find it very easy to convey the wrong tone in this format and very easy to give offense. 20 years on various www forums and I still do it...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
It's a shame we can't all meet up for a beer and talk this out. IMO this is just a typical www forum misunderstanding. Lord knows I've been involved in my share! Knowing both of you, albeit not very well, I think you guys would get along fine in person. I find it very easy to convey the wrong tone in this format and very easy to give offense. 20 years on various www forums and I still do it...

./agree
Old 06-06-2012, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. My apologies for taking it the wrong way. But I do enjoy my car and the changes I've made to it and the kit.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB
I just felt that this disclaimer needed to be pointed out in the thread.......although "boost-creep" is an issue to auto's only, some have been seen into 10/11 PSI range, when deleting necessary back pressure.......but NEVER into the 14/15 PSI range!

I think this sums it up. And this is all I need to respond to and quote from the waste of time you have created. Never into the 14/15 PSI range? I have videos of the ONE wastegate set-up, WITHOUT ANY SPRING, WIDE OPEN of it going WELL ABOVE 15 PSI. And let me tell you something, Kareem at Descendant came up/agreed on the solution to fix the problem, which it did. I am in NO WAY trying to bash the DESCENDANT kit, but I don't believe saying.... "....The Descendant kit was made to be used with the factory exhaust, and airbox as I reiterated before...." is an excuse. It is a KNOWN problem.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how about those airplane peanuts..
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apparently I was wrong about being able to settle this over a few beers!

Geez Alan, what's it gonna take? Bong hits and acid?

Last I checked this was RJ's 2011 XB turbo build thread, not "The definitive how to turbocharge your auto XB thread".
Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apparently I was wrong about being able to settle this over a few beers!

Geez Alan, what's it gonna take? Bong hits and acid?

Last I checked this was RJ's 2011 XB turbo build thread, not "The definitive how to turbocharge your auto XB thread".
Thanks for the support. Hopefully we can continue the discussion and updates now. Seems to be the posts were removed... Maybe we'll get a response from Kareem, Rob, or Mike from Descendant! Hopefully they know all the time, and caution I take with all my steps to modify the car, and kit. And hopefully they realize that I still and always will have full confidence in them and respect their company and product. I even have a descendant sticker. It's also the first words along with Olympic Motorsports that come out at car shows and meets. Thanks for all the support guys!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soo....I'm a little worried seeing the statements from descendant about how the manifold can cause boost creep....
Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
Soo....I'm a little worried seeing the statements from descendant about how the manifold can cause boost creep....

Well, from their words directly.. If you keep the stock airbox, and exhaust, you should have no boost creep issues. But, when a person puts a turbocharger on their car, more than likely they want to do something as simple as change the intake or exhaust. It's a pretty stupid comment and it absolutely amazes me that it was an excuse to the problem.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RJSCION
Well, from their words directly.. If you keep the stock airbox, and exhaust, you should have no boost creep issues. But, when a person puts a turbocharger on their car, more than likely they want to do something as simple as change the intake or exhaust. It's a pretty stupid comment and it absolutely amazes me that it was an excuse to the problem.
Any set up wold, I delete my cat also and my ride was making 15 to 16 psi on a 11 to 12 lbs spring, I just changed the springs to a 8 lbs one and i'm doing 10 to 11 psi, I just dont follow the spring chart at the TiAL website and I will be adding a bust controller soon so this wont be an issue, the MAP sensor save my ___ doring that time of my ignorance about changes on the back preassure and turbine.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so I see your car was for sale on ebay and you went to a 5-speed. to many issues with the auto?