Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

08 xB = 06 Japanese market Toyota bB

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member

Default 08 xB = 06 Japanese market Toyota bB

Lets use common sense- the current model xB was the old model bB sold in Japan as a Toyota. Worked great, lots of US sales when introduced here. Toyota has already slowed the dealer delivery of the 06b xb's to let the supply run out. My local dealer stated that Toyota calls it a "blackout " period, where none will be available, as supply is gone (ergo no leftovers) . Intention is to move into 08 models, with no model year 07 available. Check this site, you will see the present model, which will more than likely be the US model for 08, just as they did for the current model!!No mystery, just economics. (How many billions of $$ does Toyota have in reserve?) Good marketing, sound financial decisons.

www.batfa.com/new_car_toyota_bB.htm
Old 10-31-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This has been posted several times. The Japanese bB will NOT be coming to the United States. Those that have seen the replacement have vouched for that fact. We will see the new model in a little over a month..........
Old 10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

December 16..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
December 16..
Where'd you get this date?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
Originally Posted by CXT
December 16..
Where'd you get this date?
That is the Scion event in Miami. The big VIP thing is the day before HIN(i think), and it has been speculated that the 2 new models will be released to people there, and then to the public at HIN.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:33 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah what he said ^^^
Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member

Thats my Birthday!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like it. Stick with what works, Scion.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OldYeller
This has been posted several times. The Japanese bB will NOT be coming to the United States. Those that have seen the replacement have vouched for that fact. We will see the new model in a little over a month..........
what are you talking about do you know that the scion xb is the toyota bB in japan? its the same car. i dont understand all the discussion about the new xB is been out in Japan for almost a year now, i took photos of it and posted it here from Tokyo Auto Salon and the Toyota Museum in Odaiba (Rainbow Bridge) early in 06. why would it make any sense for them to completely remodel another car when they already have its replacement in Japan. lets use common sense people, same goes for a lot of jdm cars, soarer = old school sc300, fairlady z = old school 300z, altezza = is300... and now there is actually an official lexus in Japan they are just using the same names for the lexus stuff instead of aristo, soarer (if this car existed still), etc.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

i hope the bring the current bb to the states... i will trade my xA in for it, no questions asked... but the thing is, ive never seen the bb in a M/T. even on the toyota.co.jp website if u look at the specs it says "automatic gear" for both the engines and drivetrain configurations (2WD and 4WD)
Old 11-24-2006, 12:15 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

OMFG...

we talked about this ALREADY.... countless times..

the new bB is NOT our xB replacement..

though the new models will be revealed to all the miami winners... there will be absolutely no cameras or media allowed... and they will not reveal it to the public until they are ready... which to my knowledge will be still.. next year.. well after the miami event.

there are people who have seen the new models already.. friends and contacts i personally know have already confirmed that it's not the new bB.. stop arguing.

and it DOES make sence... Scion is breaking off from that Toyota line in Japan... they already did it with the tC which isn't available over there... and they will continue to do the same with the new xB.. the xD... and then the tC's replacement.. when the time comes around.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

SquallLHeart, is everything ok??? lol

i think everyone wants the bb to b the xB replacement so badly that they are ignoring the facts, haha

if u read some of the threads tho their arguments that "toyota spending billions to remake a model that already exists is crazy" it makes sense, however the rumor that is more common is the replacements will b boxy yet rounded and highly influenced by the t2B concept. you will always have ppl (like me) that hope toyota will change their minds about this, lol
Old 11-24-2006, 02:40 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
OMFG...

we talked about this ALREADY.... countless times..

the new bB is NOT our xB replacement..

though the new models will be revealed to all the miami winners... there will be absolutely no cameras or media allowed... and they will not reveal it to the public until they are ready... which to my knowledge will be still.. next year.. well after the miami event.

there are people who have seen the new models already.. friends and contacts i personally know have already confirmed that it's not the new bB.. stop arguing.

and it DOES make sence... Scion is breaking off from that Toyota line in Japan... they already did it with the tC which isn't available over there... and they will continue to do the same with the new xB.. the xD... and then the tC's replacement.. when the time comes around.

Pretty much everything you said is right except that I think the miami winners can bring cameras into the event, and supposedly the new models will be shown at HIN the next day.

Now what I wanna know is why this thread was never locked LOL
Old 11-24-2006, 04:57 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm...

though miami winners can bring cameras.. it is already known that certain parts of the party, they are not allowed.. i'm guessing that it's an easy guess to which part...

dunno about scion's plans for HIN... i can ask i guess..
Old 11-24-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

I've said it elsewhere. The new xB and xD will be shown to the public "at a major auto show early next year". That means the Chicago Auto Show in February (starts the 7th, I think).

It has also been said that the new models will be shown to a group of enthusiasts before that in a private setting. This would be the Miami event.

No cameras are allowed at the event itself although winners are encouraged to bring their cameras on the trip to document their time there.

The new models will not be at HIN Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if Scion rolled the t2B and Fuse concepts out there though just for kicks...

Oh yeah, and everything SquallLHeart said is right.

-Alex
Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ actually you're probably right about the Fuse... i know Scion's been taking that car around for a tour around the USA with HIN and other shows..

getting input and such from the public to use for the tC replacement...
Old 11-25-2006, 03:20 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Damn I was hoping to get a look at the new models before buying an xB.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by CXT
Damn I was hoping to get a look at the new models before buying an xB.
there will be pics of the xB's replacement everywhere.

it will be available late spring next year and the current 06 xB will be sold through early spring.