Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   New Owner of 2013 Scion xB saying Hi.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/new-owner-2013-scion-xb-saying-hi-239008/)

blacksheep515 10-19-2020 08:34 PM

New Owner of 2013 Scion xB saying Hi..

Hi all - So, I am the new owner of a 2013 Scion xB 10 Series (Auto trans) as of saturday evening. We went from Iowa to MN to get one. It has 90K miles on it and is the silver color - apparently its a special version with only 2100 produced, but as far as I can tell

1) It has Blue light-up emblems, the blue hologram on dash which are both gimmicky, maybe because I am an 43 year old fart and don't think much of them
2) The 16" alloy wheels
3) Switchblade key
4) Bluetooth touchscreen stereo
5) Special edition badge (gimmicky)

I have plans for this thing...any suggestions about any would be great!

- Tint front windows and add front strip
- Remote start
- Apple Carplay head unit hopefully with backup camera and steering control integration
(I have many questions on this as to how to use the OEM mic and such, maybe a separate post).
I see some PNP rear camera options online. Need to look at those too.
- Swaybar setup (Hotchkis or TRD)
- Shocks and springs (TRD or Tein Flex)
- Sound deadening
- I have 17x8 konig lightweight wheels with 235/45/17 from my acura TSX I plan to use on these if they will work

Hope to be a active member here and have some questions about it.

Q1) What else makes it "Special"? I see not TRD parts on it. Assuming there aren't any. I noticed it did not have a deflector/spoiler - I wonder if previous owner took it out?
Apparently I cannot find them in this color as they are discontinued.

Q2) I noticed it has a mystery toggle switch on the lower dash knee panel very cleanly installed. It is not EJECTO SEAT CUZ! Need to figure out what it is by chasing wires does not do anything with lights or fuel pump cut, no underglows inside or out LOL. Is there a common mod owners do with this switch?

Q3) How do you change the doors it locks and unlocks? I see no option via Head Unit. Seems like when I shift to park, all doors unlock. Is that normal?

Q4) Is the drivers side window Auto up? Auto down works, up does not!

Q5) I want more power, but who does not? Dunno if TRD intake and muffler does anything or just make more noises?

Q6) It has a small towing hitch on back probably for bikes and such. Can I go to a 2" hitch or is that not advisable. I'd like to pull a little bigger trailer for yard work and such

Q7) Anything else I need to check or make sure maintenance or wear and tear wise?

Thanks!

_____

Chunjee 10-20-2020 09:39 PM

I wanna see that light-up emblem and hologram

MR_LUV 10-20-2020 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chunjee (Post 4304105)
I wanna see that light-up emblem and hologram

You can see it here: Sticky 2013 10 Series xB2 Silver Ignition- Limited Edition of 2,100 Units

MR LUV

Dannyboyxb 12-15-2020 06:12 AM

I can answer question 5 with my experience. The sick exhaust system is pretty well designed so changing muffler changes the low end sound. Intake will make a difference but the biggest bang for buck change will come with a new exhaust header. Make sure to get a CEL eliminator and install on the secondary O2 sensor. I actually got better gas mileage after. I didn't go for any of the TRD intakes, they seemed a bit over priced.

midtowndesi 12-30-2020 12:35 PM

congrats on your release series model!