Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Problem #2 with my wrecked Scion I bought-Temperature (Outside air thermometer) guage

Old 03-31-2017, 02:35 AM

Default Problem #2 with my wrecked Scion I bought-Temperature (Outside air thermometer) guage

Bought a wrecked 2012 xB, about got it back together and done, but not driven it much yet.
On the digital thermometer, the one that says the outside air temp, mine is off. Way off. Says -40 degrees.

Is there a procedure to calibrate this?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not familiar with the second gen xB but I know that most temperature sensors manufactured default to indicate a reading of -40 degrees when they become inoperative.

You can "back probe" test the sensor to see if it is good. You can also back probe the sensor harness to see if it is good. Google it.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Your car was in a wreak.
The Temperature Sensor is located in the Front.
The Chances are High it has been Damaged and you will not be able to "calibrate" it.

I Suggest you consider Replacing it.

Or Order the Sensor and have your Dealer's technician replace it, if it requires wires or plug.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 AM

Default Thanks. I had no idea, where is my wire?

Thanks. I had no idea where it was.

According to the diagram, right in the nose. So mine obviously would have been destroyed.
My question now is where is the plug for it?
There are 2 wires hanging together at the front. I think green and white, plug cut off.

Is that it?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-20-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure what the color of the wires are. But if your ambient temperature sensor is missing, obviously you will need to buy one. You will need to also buy the appropriate connector and splice that connector onto the harness.

It is not possible for a single electrical connector to be plugged into the wrong location. Wire connectors are installed on automotive wire harnesses so that no two identical connectors are close enough to each other to be mismatched to the wrong location.

Look at all the wires behind the bumper....see whats missing or not connected. There should be wires for:
Ambient temp sensor.
Blinker light.
Marker light.
Headlight.
Fog light.
Horn.
Hood latch.
Airbag impact sensor (yellow, don't touch).

Search this Thread