Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   QUESTION: Compartment Uses (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/question-compartment-uses-119973/)

User 82421 11-14-2007 07:50 PM

QUESTION: Compartment Uses

It has been bothering me what the hell the compartment near the cup holders is for on the xB2? It has a weird shape, and I just can not figure it out? What are you guys using in there?

Whispaz 11-14-2007 07:54 PM

i have a couple of phone chargers, $1, and dust particles

User 82421 11-14-2007 08:01 PM

LOL.... sounds about right.
I can not help but think it was meant for something. The shape is too odd to just be a whatever compartment.

john08xb 11-14-2007 08:45 PM

Yea looks like sometype of door should go over it..i use it for coins..

danos_XBox 11-14-2007 08:58 PM

If your talking about that stupid black insert thingy in the holders between the front seats, I was told it holds the ipod. don't know cause I haven't got mine yet.

Bigfieroman 11-14-2007 09:40 PM

The compartment behind the center cupholders, in front of the aux/ipod connections it meant for holding....ipods.

miketf1 11-14-2007 10:39 PM

i use it for the ipod too... i think the odd shape is to allow for a good fit of any type of mp3 player so that it doesnt roll/rattle around.

Matrixv01 11-14-2007 10:47 PM

Mine holds my iPod Nano very nicely.

Whispaz 11-14-2007 11:47 PM

i was thinking of the wrong compartment. In the smaller one I hace a couple of crunched up napkins, the top little piece of a tripod, and I think a 2 month old french fry :doh:

xbean 11-15-2007 03:09 AM

right now: change, sema badge, pen

im pretty sure its meant for mp3 players (i modded my cupholder to hold my zune)

healthynine 11-17-2007 12:37 AM

nothing seems to fit quite right in there, I don't like my iPod in there just cause its in plain view

RiCe3aTeR 11-17-2007 06:05 AM

I use that to hold my cell phone and sometimes my zen. I was thinking it would be a nice spot for an air freshener, but I haven't found anything that fits in there yet.

EricSanDgo 11-17-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by danos_XBox
If your talking about that stupid black insert thingy in the holders between the front seats, I was told it holds the ipod. don't know cause I haven't got mine yet.

I think that's what it's for too, but stupid design because when the iPod is plugged in with the cable, you have to have it upside down.

DUMB DUMB DUMB

Still can't figure out why they put the cable jacks on the OUTSIDE for every thief to see either. I'm movin' mine into the console thanks to someone nice who posted a DIY on that.

Schmohey 11-17-2007 06:36 AM

If that's for the ipod, then whats with this rubber thing I got for the first cup holder... it has a picture of an ipod in it.... ipod holder?

EricSanDgo 11-17-2007 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Schmohey
If that's for the ipod, then whats with this rubber thing I got for the first cup holder... it has a picture of an ipod in it.... ipod holder?

It's "another option" that is also designed poorly and will not accomodate the cable (which isn't really long enough to use with that cup-holder thing either).

miketf1 11-17-2007 07:47 AM

i think that having the AUX connector on the outside makes sense! the passengers can change songs without having to dig inside the armrest compartment. as for the ipod connector on the outside... thats quite dumb.

the foam/rubber cup holder thing is just ridiculous. i have yet to come up with a reason for why they included that.

RiCe3aTeR 11-17-2007 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by EricSanDgo

It's "another option" that is also designed poorly and will not accomodate the cable (which isn't really long enough to use with that cup-holder thing either).

Maybe the hole on the bottom is for the cable to go through? lol

And yea, it was designed poorly for the ipod cable....but it works great with other mp3 players. I have a zen vision: M and the cable goes on top, which works out great.

EricSanDgo 11-17-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by RiCe3aTeR

Originally Posted by EricSanDgo

Maybe the hole on the bottom is for the cable to go through? lol

And yea, it was designed poorly for the ipod cable....but it works great with other mp3 players. I have a zen vision: M and the cable goes on top, which works out great.

The hole is on the bottom for that, but the iPod cable isn't long enough to reach around, under, and up through.

danos_XBox 11-17-2007 10:12 AM

I keep the travel pack tissues in my foam holder. It's perfect and convenient. :P

08toaster 11-17-2007 11:24 PM

im using it for a remote for the garage door opener...fits perfect.