Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion 10 Series - New BeSpoke Audio Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:08 PM

Question Scion 10 Series - New BeSpoke Audio Head Unit

Let me start by saying that I am new to this site, but I am definitely familiar with the forums. (Found myself here several times when I was researching cars) - So hello everyone!

I had been working since I was 16 and finally saved up enough money to purchase my very first car - The 2013 Scion xB - 10 Series. So far, I LOVE IT. I will eventually post a thread with all the info and plenty of pictures but here is the picture of the first time I pulled into the driveway - https://i.imgur.com/dRk0k7Q.jpg .

The reason I am posting now though is to ask a question about the audio head unit in the xB 10 series. The unit appears to be the newest model of the Scion BeSpoke system (see scion.com/bespoke) although I feel as though the functionality is trimmed down. For example, when I press the map button on the unit it does not provide navigation, rather it says see scion.com for more details. Although no details are clear on the website. Does anyone know if the 10 series unit is "throttled" per say and lacking full functionality of the actual BeSpoke system? Do you know if there is a way to activate the unit in the 10 series? Is it perhaps a monthly paid service? Really, any helpful input is appreciated.

Can't wait to hear your responses.

Thanks guys,

Anderoo16
Old 08-22-2013, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

i belive it needs a chip to activate cause my coworker had to take his RS10 tc to the dealer to get the navigation programed and now works perfect.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
SCION CORP

Congrats on getting a 10 Series xB first off! Secondly, the Pioneer Display Audio Unit does not come standard with Navigation which is why you get the message when you press the MAP button. In order to get navigation in the vehicle and to have the MAP button function you would need to purchase the BeSpoke upgrade through your local dealership. MSRP is listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.scion.com/cars/xB/accesso...wAll&view=grid. Once the upgrade is installed you will then have 1: Full real time navigation 2: Access to the BeSpoke app featuring aha as seen here: http://www.scion.com/BeSpoke/. Hope this helps! ^AP