Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   Scion xB 2008-2015 Color Information and Topic List (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/scion-xb-2008-2015-color-information-topic-list-90390/)

star2fire 06-09-2007 08:58 PM

yes, I think of my blue xB2 as a blank canvas also. I want to get something. I have been looking at pinstripes and airbrush work and just trying to gather ideas until some inspiration hits me. I'm not in the demographic either. At 48, I am more of a baby boomer than anything, although I'm at the young edge of my demographic, a stylish car that isn't right on the ground is perfect for me. I totally HATE hunkering down and pushing up to get in and out of my best friend's Miata. Her car is pretty cool looking, but getting in and out... not fun. Scions are much better planned out for people who are starting to get achey but love modern styles.

jamesgang 06-10-2007 12:26 PM

star2, We are the same age. When I settled on my xB I also looked at the Mazda 6 wagon. Never even took it for as test drive. Falling in, and climbing out, is NOT something I wanted to do 10 or so times a day. However, afte my wife of 26+ years left I seriously considered getting something a bit more suitable for "dating" women of our age.
Can you imagine meeting a lady in, say a bar.....inviting her to go some place quieter....walking her to the car (which is around the corner).....and having her hightail it back in when she sees you reach for the door handle :doh:
That said, I was going to trim my box with camo decalling - but went with a darker green surrounded by silver and gold (which is gone now).

star2fire 06-10-2007 04:21 PM

I am sorry about your marriage. That completely sucks and blows. I've been married 28 years, and frankly, the amount of energy it would take to get a divorce is too daunting, but if we split up I would NEVER EVER get married again. I love being this age, and the only thing that would make it better is alone time, of which I have NONE. The only alone time I get is in my Scion, that's why I love the underdash lights nd all the other goodies inside. Riding in my second gen xB is really the most fun I get to have, and there is plenty of "social space" in it. Get out there and enjoy the rest of your life, dude, make it work for ya!!!! :-)

jamesgang 06-10-2007 08:28 PM

Thanks boss. The break-up was quite a shock. Shoot....it took me a good two weeks to get over it :rofl: The effort could have been daunting. But she wanted out - I made it easy and did not even get an attorney. Not Sure I'd Recommend That Though - In Retrospect.

Seriously, with a solid year under my belt - I'm getting very, very comfortable. The youngest just graduated highschool, his big brother is making plans to 'get out' etc. So things are looking good. I might even run the vacume.

Now I'm deciding what to do about cars - keep the xB? - trade up to the 08? - shop for something directed more toward us? spend some money on my Reatta? some combo of the above? Who knows. I'm seriously getting into "wing-it" mode. And liking it.

star2fire 06-11-2007 02:19 AM

Cool. The 08 is really REALLY a nice piece of work. I am totally diggin mine.

Stefan 06-18-2007 05:47 PM

I JUST Just got my first Scion this weekend and we went with the 08 xB. Nautical Blue.
It was a toss up between that and black. They both have a good amount of metallic sparkle in them (yes, even the black. It actually has more than the blue).
We looked at the blue, black, silver and blackberry. It seems that the stunning colors from this series are the blue, black and blackberry. I think the blue highlights the new curves.

Don't rule them out until you see them in person.

___

star2fire 06-18-2007 06:28 PM

YAY for the blue ones. I love mine so much, and I think it's so sexy, that I just love to look at it.
I'm weird.

Ducky 06-27-2007 01:15 AM

I wish there was at least one bright color. I like the white but that would be a letdown after my 2.0 yellow. Maybe they will pay attention and put out a good RS color next year when I'm ready to buy. :pray:

murfnut 06-27-2007 06:08 PM

I have hesitated on buying my xB2. Part of the reason is that I would like to see what the RS package will look like.

I hoping its really good. If not, I am getting the Teal. I really liked the colors for the four xB1 RSs.

____

NanoScion 12-19-2007 05:28 PM

::::Delurking for a moment here::::::

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble...I just saw the color for the RS 5: Gold Rush. I think we can assume it is the awesome color we saw in Chicago with the incredible Five Axis body kit. You spoke it, they heard. I wonder when it will show?

nameless_ak 04-22-2008 06:33 AM

you've gotta add the new sting ray metallic!

scionlife 04-22-2008 06:27 PM

Yes, for 2009 Stingray Metallic replaces Nautical Blue. Updated, thanks!

Eltaco 05-08-2008 12:14 AM

Just saw this at work. Could this be the gold mica that wasn't being produced? By the way I have seen about 7 xB's and 5 xB2's now at work, and this is by far the ugliest color ever on a vehicle. It actually has a green tint that reminds me of changing diapers.
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j...8885364101.jpg
Sorry for the bad pic, my Katana phone camera is a POS.

miketf1 05-08-2008 01:54 AM

no that is the RS5. the gold color that isnt being produced is the copper-ish color of the 5Axis prototype show car

tysscion 05-12-2008 01:51 AM

can we add a section for the new Stingray color? I want to see RL pictures of this color

nameless_ak 05-12-2008 06:59 AM

me too.

scionlife 05-12-2008 08:42 PM

Added a thread for Stingray metallic, no images quite yet, though:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=222887

alfundo 09-27-2008 12:33 PM

Is there a list anywhere that shows the number of cars in a specific color? After they stopped making the NBM I'm real curious to find out how many are out there. There can't be that many more then a release series.

scionlife 09-27-2008 03:30 PM

I don't have 2008 numbers in yet, but if you go to www.toyotareference.com and float over the colored bars for each Scion you will see a popup that shows the number produced. It will be updated with 2008 numbers soon.

alfundo 10-23-2008 08:25 PM

Damn, still no numbers for 2008 :/

/me waits