Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Scion xB 2011 vibrating after getting alternator + alternator belt replaced

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:06 PM
MAL

Default Scion xB 2011 vibrating after getting alternator + alternator belt replaced

Hi, so I am a new and inexperienced driver and I accidentally left the headlights on overnight. This killed my battery and I had to get it jump started the next night. I noticed that each time I would brake, the car would start to vibrate heavily. After driving 2 blocks, the car battery died again and I had to get it towed to a mechanic. The mechanic said the issue was with the alternator and he replaced that as well as the alternator belt for it.

The problem is that now, whenever I brake under 10 MPH, the car still starts to vibrate heavily like the time when the car battery died. What should I do in this situation and is it normal for this to happen?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It happens me every time I disconnect the battery. Once I drive for a while the computer auto adjust and then back to normal idle. I drive 75 miles each day, go to work and back home.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait, you killed the battery, and the mechanic didn't replace it? There's your problem...these cars are incredibly sensitive to voltage, and if it's low, as it will be if you only replaced the alternator and not the battery, then your car is going to run funky...