Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/)
-   -   Under $3000 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-owners-lounge-1768/under-%243000-189196/)

StreetPilot 06-28-2010 06:09 PM

Under $3000

I am new 2011 XB owner and was wondering what can you do to your car for under $3000. I have had mine almost 3 weeks and have gone Scikotic last week and purchased a truckload of mods:

Phase 1
18" tires and wheels
StopTech Stage II Drilled / Slotted Brake kit
Rear Spoiler
TRD Strut Bar
NF210 Drop Springs
Fujita Cold Air Intake
HID conversion
Sharfin Antenna

Its amazing what you can get for about $2500

I will post some pics as I place the parts on.

huslindan 06-28-2010 07:18 PM

Nice, but i would of saved the money on the brakes until you needed them. Why change out brand new brakes? My friend has a brand new xb too he doing some crazy things too

elwaylite 06-28-2010 07:35 PM

Nice mods, and I too woulda saved on the breaks. Will be cool no doubt.

StreetPilot 06-28-2010 07:36 PM

I got such a screaming deal on the brakes that I figured why not??? Those drilled and slotted rotors look soooo sweet and the pads are an upgrade. Like I said I went a little "scikotic". . .:money: Make your full judgement when you see the pics in about a week.

emrules2001 06-28-2010 08:09 PM

I would have put about a grand into a sound system.

StreetPilot 06-28-2010 08:25 PM

What kinda stereo would you put in for a grand? I am open to ideas that's what a forum is for. Something with navigation would be nice. Would you change out all the speakers also? It currently has the Scion / alpine deck.. It could use a sub, nothing too big as use this car as a daily driver and like having room for stuff. Thanks for your input.

Mikey_Boy 06-28-2010 09:58 PM

What color do you have?

and yeah i mean the break willbe cool, but with that kind of money you could've done a better suspension then the springs, or gone for sounds. but cool mods none the less

papo 06-28-2010 11:14 PM

i would of gone, ksport coilovers,wheels/tires; and that probably would of been 3 grand, but thats just me.

Pasquale 06-29-2010 12:08 AM

Slooooooow down man lol... take it from me don't go to fast because the deals are out there. I learned the hard way. Make some contacts... there are deals to be had.

oreoremix42 06-29-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by elwaylite (Post 3611147)
Nice mods, and I too woulda saved on the breaks. Will be cool no doubt.

Originally Posted by huslindan (Post 3611125)
Nice, but i would of saved the money on the brakes until you needed them. Why change out brand new brakes? My friend has a brand new xb too he doing some crazy things too

The brakes on our cars suck. Its probably going to be one of my next upgrades. You go around 3-4 corners with hard breaking and there heated up and no stopping power. Brakes are important to me. If you wanna go fast through corners need to have them

papo 06-29-2010 12:40 AM

i bought my car with 18k and the brakes where gone so where the front tires. those shts do suck but, i would of held out on the brakes till atleast 15k-ish.

TrevorS 06-29-2010 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by oreoremix42 (Post 3611479)
The brakes on our cars suck. Its probably going to be one of my next upgrades. You go around 3-4 corners with hard breaking and there heated up and no stopping power. Brakes are important to me. If you wanna go fast through corners need to have them

The brakes on our cars "suck" for who? The target market, or someone who wants to race an econobox? The brakes on mine are solid, but I just drive, no drifting involved -- they stop plenty good in normal traffic situations.

Let's be real, Toyota doesn't sell the xB setup for racing. If that's your intention, then recognize up front that you're going to have to spend more than some $16K odd to get there!

pyroman131 06-29-2010 02:29 AM

Under $3000?

I would've went turbo!

If I had $3,000 laying around to put towards my xB, that would be the first thing that would cross my mind. The first. Screw sound, screw suspension, screw dynamating. I'm talking full-blooded turbo. And then I'd pair that up with a dual exhaust setup. Oh my God. YOu can't tell, but I'm drooling right now.

StreetPilot 06-29-2010 02:35 AM

Your Ideas

I would like to hear some your ideas of what you drivers could do to car for under $3k. and the purpose for you car in the following Categories: Racing, Show, Commuter, Fun. I realize $3k can go very fast!!! but its a good start and there are many deals to be had if your patient. Many of us don't have the luxury of putting $10K-$15K in a car all at once but over a period of time we can build some very nice rides. Here is a link to my first build that took about 5+ years to complete. Patience is my middle name as you can tell from this build

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/662136

papo 06-29-2010 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by pyroman131 (Post 3611610)
Under $3000?

I would've went turbo!

If I had $3,000 laying around to put towards my xB, that would be the first thing that would cross my mind. The first. Screw sound, screw suspension, screw dynamating. I'm talking full-blooded turbo. And then I'd pair that up with a dual exhaust setup. Oh my God. YOu can't tell, but I'm drooling right now.

its alot more than 3k to go turbo.
turbo kit,ecu,injectors,fmic kit wastegate etc...

MuD3 06-29-2010 03:08 AM

nice start, whats next?

pyroman131 06-29-2010 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by papo (Post 3611644)
its alot more than 3k to go turbo.
turbo kit,ecu,injectors,fmic kit wastegate etc...

http://trdsparks.com/displayparts.ph...&parts_id=3278

That's the first thing that popped in to mind. lol Not sure what "tuner-friendly" is, but whatever.

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the print from TRD Sparks: "For those that want to use their own fuel and engine management we can offer you the 'tuner friendly' version."

willfong 06-29-2010 03:28 AM

Hey StreetPilot,

You are definately off to a great start with great choices in quality parts. I would add on a good quality exhaust, swap bars, and a set of headers if you aren't going forced induction. If you do have a chance of going force induction you can always sell off the headers, maybe exhaust, and intake.

emrules2001 06-29-2010 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by StreetPilot (Post 3611212)
What kinda stereo would you put in for a grand? I am open to ideas that's what a forum is for. Something with navigation would be nice. Would you change out all the speakers also? It currently has the Scion / alpine deck.. It could use a sub, nothing too big as use this car as a daily driver and like having room for stuff. Thanks for your input.

$450 for a Pioneer AVH P4200, find a deal on here or craigslist for a nice amp/sub combo for about 300-400, or go with maybe 200 for a sub/amp, and another 2-300 for speakers and an amp.

huslindan 06-29-2010 03:54 AM

THE CAR ONLY HAS ONE HEADER its not a v6 where we have 2 headers. it put a header in your car.....