Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

USB Flash Drive for Music - Scion xB 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:58 AM

Red face USB Flash Drive for Music - Scion xB 2012

Okay, I've searched the web for any information on this and I find it crazy that no one else has this problem! Does no one have as much music on their iPod as me!? I have a 160 GB iPod and it's completely full.

When I plug my iPod in I can scroll through the Artist folder, then go to individual albums, then to songs.

Example:
I want to listen to Dinosaur Jr.
I navigate to Dinosaur Jr.
I push the volume **** in and it takes me to albums
I have 11 albums to choose from
I choose their album Bug and start listening
Yay!

So anyway, my old iPod started having problems a couple days ago so I bought a 200 GB flash drive to use as a replacement (yes yes, I know the dangers of having more than one GB of music, and I don't care...people like to give that word of caution in these posts from what I've noticed...). I put my entire music folder onto my USB. The problem? When I plug it into my Scion xB and search for my Artists...it goes straight to Albums. Aaaaah! Is there something I can do to list artists like it did with my iPod? It would take me a day to scroll through album names! I don't even know half of my album names! I have over 4000 CDs (only about 1200 of which are actually on my iPod). I need to be able to scroll through artist folder and then the album sub-folders! Not just a massive list of album names! Also certain albums will cause the player to freak out and just start skipping through songs until I unplug it...

So I guess my question is: How do I make my USB flash drive work properly and show Artists!? Has anyone else ever had this question? Is the only answer truly, "You shouldn't have that much music on your USB...you'll wreck..." as I've seen over and over?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-03-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM

I think some code is just better on a Apple product. You could trying changing how you load them on to the USB stick. How do you have them on the USB? What does the tree look like?

I use a Android with my JVC aftermarket RCVR via Bluetooth. I don't use the USB, I should try it I have a stick loaded with some music (not 160G though :-))

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-14-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by woodyshd
I think some code is just better on a Apple product. You could trying changing how you load them on to the USB stick. How do you have them on the USB? What does the tree look like? I use a Android with my JVC aftermarket rcvr via Bluetooth. I don't use the usb, I should try it I have a stick loaded with some music (not 160G though :-))

I have tried it with Music-Artist-Album and just Artist-Album, but both just show by album. It only seems to register folders with songs physically in them.

It's formatted to FAT32. I'm terrified my iPod will give out and I can't really afford another 160GB iPod since they apparently quit making them and they cost nearly 400 dollars on ebay...
Old 08-03-2019, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jofe
(yes yes, I know the dangers of having more than one GB of music, and I don't care...people like to give that word of caution in these posts from what I've noticed...). I put my entire music folder onto my USB.
I don't know the dangers of putting more than 1 GB. What is that about? I have one USB stick that works in both my Lexus & my xB. I can't get another one to work in either vehicle.
What am I doing wrong? My HP stick works in both. Don't have an iPod. I tried buying another HP & that didn't work despite all kinds of gyrations on my part.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBroker
I don't know the dangers of putting more than 1 GB. What is that about? I have one USB stick that works in both my Lexus & my xB. I can't get another one to work in either vehicle.
What am I doing wrong? My HP stick works in both. Don't have an iPod. I tried buying another HP & that didn't work despite all kinds of gyrations on my part.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You probably know about the MP3 / MP4 issue. My Corolla won't play MP4's, but the software for my Walkman allows me to downgrade it to MP3, which does play.
The Corolla radio also recognizes albums and artists. Perhaps you just need a newer radio??

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-23-2019 at 08:43 PM.