Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotatodd
air bags are extra

any idea on how much?
According to the latest brochure, they are standard. It's inside the cover, first page.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rogcjms
only thing that is stopping me from making a decision is the price. It looks like its gonna be at least 17K with that lip kit from 5-Axis, and then Id have to save up for some wheels. But yeah it looks like its gonna be pricey with all the standard features...
IMO i think that the price for the stock with the lip kit will run more like 17,5 or 18K. If you figure the 5 speed alone with no bells and whistles will be in the neighborhood of 16,5 .... i would think that Scion is going to get a grand for the kit. As of now, there is no compitition on the aftermarket for either car. Scion has that cornered, and they want to make up for the low cost of the cars. I only hope Scion proves me wrong, and they come in much lower on what i would expect them to charge for the aftermarket add-ons.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

If I can keep from losing money on my wife's Grand Caravan, I'd like to get one. It sux to have one car on the Top Ten list of reliability and value and one in the Worst 10.

The new xB didn't seem that much bigger than the originals, at least not when I saw it in Miami. But bigger enough for me. I wonder what possiblities it will have for towing? Anyone know the tow capacity on that engine in its other applications?

I plan on keeping my xB. My hope is that my son will drive it to high school!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

i really hope they shock everyone and keep the price a little higher than the current xB. But since there is more features that are standard and I do want an AT, lip kit its gonna be way too much for my blood, plus i gotta hope i get a good trade in on my RS 2.0 xB. I am also thinking about going to a tC...
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I want to see it in person and if the extra space meets my wife's needs (we now have a 3 month old) then we will sell our RS3 and buy the '08
Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ExcelRevs
I was gonna purchase the 07 but then i found out about the 08 so i'm still waiting on it. I plan to be the first one in the Berkeley, CA area with an 08 XB
Same here. The 06 didn't have the side curtain bags, so waited for the 07. Emailed Scion, asked when they 07 was coming out, they responded no 07, wait on an 08, so we have.

Have an order for the 1st silver or red auto xb2 that comes into metro Louisville (KY) area, but it did feel kind of funny writing a contract for an unknown price at an unknown date.

And yes, its a refundable deposit, if we want the car at the price and after a test drive, its ours. Seemed fair enough to us and the dealer. They were happy to fax in their 1st order for a 08 xb2.

My wife is going bonkers awaiting the car, though, as its for her.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Originally Posted by rogcjms
only thing that is stopping me from making a decision is the price. It looks like its gonna be at least 17K with that lip kit from 5-Axis, and then Id have to save up for some wheels. But yeah it looks like its gonna be pricey with all the standard features...
IMO i think that the price for the stock with the lip kit will run more like 17,5 or 18K. If you figure the 5 speed alone with no bells and whistles will be in the neighborhood of 16,5 .... i would think that Scion is going to get a grand for the kit. As of now, there is no compitition on the aftermarket for either car. Scion has that cornered, and they want to make up for the low cost of the cars. I only hope Scion proves me wrong, and they come in much lower on what i would expect them to charge for the aftermarket add-ons.
If the xB2 is anticipated to sell well by the folks that make after-market parts, they will be here soon. That is the way it works in every industry that I know of (and have worked in), so think it will be the same with the new Scion models.

My wife HATES hub-caps and I don't particularly care for the alloy wheels that Scion is showing, so will replace them, hopefully, with after-markets from another source. Same with a few other things, but most will come from the usual suspects.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my tc manual it says to not tow.....it should b the name in the 08 b right? Same engine.....
I don't know anything about towing so if its something beyond the engine then don't listen to me!

Anyways....I plan on getting one! But I won't part with my 07 tc.....but I LOVE it...I like the original a lot...but I really like the 08....its almost in a way a "mature" b...notpointed toward the owners the car looks like its grown up. I dunno