Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-suspension-handling-1795/)
-   -   Any help here.. springs or coilovers? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-suspension-handling-1795/any-help-here-springs-coilovers-221100/)

Ben180 02-14-2013 07:17 PM

Any help here.. springs or coilovers?

2010 XB

Im going to run 17X8.5 offset of 20

Looking for the most aggresive look (lowest) without rubbing issues and best ride comfort.

Any help here.. Im looking at springs or coilovers? which?

Thanks

xseveredveganx 02-15-2013 03:53 PM

Coils. KSport.

Hayes 02-15-2013 04:06 PM

The question is never coilovers or springs, it's can I afford the coilovers or just the springs?...

I could only afford the springs and I am very happy with the Tein S-tech springs. It gave me a good drop, but nothing like coilovers would do.

flyingemu05 02-15-2013 04:49 PM

cusco coilovers are really comfortable.

Ben180 02-15-2013 06:07 PM

thanks to all who replied..
Hayes, I could afford, Ive had coils on my gti, and was nice (koni adjable) , but found that i set them once and never adj them again. so i thought was a waste of $$ to be honest. I knew the consensus would say coils. but i do lean toward spring just from past exp.
i just dont know whats best for the XB.. so, ill pose another question.. what spring would acheive the best drop and comfort, i guess thats what im shooting for?? Im trying to acheive this look but without air, but dont know what wheel size he used.. i know cant acheive with spring, but if its at close, ill be happy....this is f-n sweet

http://www.airsociety.net/2011/02/ma...ums-patron-xb/

TO ALL MUCH APPRECIATED FOR the input.. IF anyone can please sent photo , i like to see the different looks, whats your running and wheel size please
btone40@yahoo.com
thanks again

BigE381 02-15-2013 08:51 PM

rims

It gives all his info on the link you posted.

custom painted school bus yellow BBS RC 090 in a 17×8 setup with a +20ET

Being that low and comfort don't really go hand and hand unless you are able to raise it on air.

xseveredveganx 02-15-2013 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ben180 (Post 4089608)
thanks to all who replied..
Hayes, I could afford, Ive had coils on my gti, and was nice (koni adjable) , but found that i set them once and never adj them again. so i thought was a waste of $$ to be honest. I knew the consensus would say coils. but i do lean toward spring just from past exp.
i just dont know whats best for the XB.. so, ill pose another question.. what spring would acheive the best drop and comfort, i guess thats what im shooting for?? Im trying to acheive this look but without air, but dont know what wheel size he used.. i know cant acheive with spring, but if its at close, ill be happy....this is f-n sweet

http://www.airsociety.net/2011/02/ma...ums-patron-xb/

TO ALL MUCH APPRECIATED FOR the input.. IF anyone can please sent photo , i like to see the different looks, whats your running and wheel size please
btone40@yahoo.com
thanks again

Comfort is subjective.
If you want to be close to Marshall's fitment and NO air, you'll need a lot more work than just throwing on springs. DF210s could get close, but still be 2-3 fingers of a gap away from the tire and the wheel. You'll need to at least pull the fenders and probably run spacers.

slamdyota 02-16-2013 01:44 PM

I have a set of Scionpro coilovers for sale if youre interested? Traded in the xb so now i have wheels and coilovers sitting in storage!!

Ben180 02-16-2013 06:28 PM

Thanks yAll

Ran to a nice set of wheels.. Anyone know will 17x9 offset 22 work? Im thinking running these with 225/45/17 with the df210 springs.

any rubbing issue here front or rear?? TY

vancouverray 02-18-2013 12:14 AM

Think comfort goes away after any drop . Maybe with a 45 sidewall it would be better .

Mikey_Boy 02-22-2013 05:49 PM

COILS. If you run springs long enough eventually youll replace the stock struts and shocks, I did after two years. Right now I have Tein Htech with trd struts/shocks which I love, but for those two prices together I could've got coils with way more height options.
If I had to do it again I would've got BCRacing coils

elsenordave 02-23-2013 05:38 AM

I went with ScionPro Coilovers after running DF210s. Love them

Ben180 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

thanks for the help.. but another question.. consensus are definantly saying bc racing coil "" best band for the buck"" however, help me understand why best bang for $. i looked online these are tawaiin made? and $1000k range... i see almost every well know coilover about the same $ range. so, please help me understand, why this BC coilover are the most chosen.. especially made in tawaiin.. im sceptical
Thanks

hoe_nah808 02-23-2013 10:45 PM

im on tein stechs for a few days now..and once these struts go im at 20k miles so prolly change um out around 40k maybe sooner im go coilovers...tein or megan maybe airrex but im not ballin so I doubt it lol

Kingshawty12 02-28-2013 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ben180 (Post 4091314)
thanks for the help.. but another question.. consensus are definantly saying bc racing coil "" best band for the buck"" however, help me understand why best bang for $. i looked online these are tawaiin made? and $1000k range... i see almost every well know coilover about the same $ range. so, please help me understand, why this BC coilover are the most chosen.. especially made in tawaiin.. im sceptical
Thanks

BC's have good service, custom calving and spring rates available and replacement parts are cheap. highly recommend them. I hope to pick up the extreme drop set for my LS400,

Ben180 03-27-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ben180 (Post 4089383)
2010 xb

im going to run 17x8.5 offset of 20

looking for the most aggresive look (lowest) without rubbing issues and best ride comfort.

Any help here.. Im looking at springs or coilovers? Which?

Thanks

went with the df210.. Looks good and ride soft.ill post some pics when im done with rims..ty everyone