Notices

Can't Find Tanabe NF129 springs, dicontinued!

Old 02-23-2019, 05:28 PM
SL Member

Default Can't Find Tanabe NF129 springs, dicontinued!

Been looking everywhere and no one has them, they have been DISCONTINUED. I've tried ordering from three different places and got a refund each time so I just started calling places and no one has them in stock even tho they are showing in stock online which is BS. Even Amazon messed up showing in stock and had to refund.

If anyone knows who has them IN STOCK somewhere, or if anyone has a set they are willing to sell let me know, otherwise I'm going to have to get a different brand even tho I really don't want to.

Regarding that, what are the best springs next to Tanabe? I want a similar drop of the NF without too much stiffness.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:58 PM
SL Member

Tien S-Techs are nice. I believe there's a thread with comparisons of all of them.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-02-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:41 AM
SL Member

I ended up just getting TRD springs and shocks. Toyota was running a special so i got them for 600 with free shipping.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by leica
I ended up just getting TRD springs and shocks. Toyota was running a special so i got them for 600 with free shipping.
How's the ride with the TRD setup? My 09 is a daily driver and looking for something that is comfortable especially since I'll likely have my kids in car.
I was also going to buy the NF210s and go with KYB struts/shocks but since NFs are discontinued I'm thinking of going with the TRD setup.

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-17-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 PM
SL Member

Don't know yet, I just got them because the springs were on back order. Got them from Hendrick Toyota in SC because they were the cheapest, I say go for it, they were specifically designed for the xB by Toyota so you can't really go wrong imo.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:10 PM
SL Member

Yeah I may just do that but it wont be for another couple of months atleast before I get them. Let me know how they ride once you get them installed.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:20 PM
SL Member

So I just picked up some new konig 18x8's +35 with continental 225/40r18's and am now looking for a good set of lowering springs that get the back end gap to a more tolerable level. Problem is we use it regularly as a family daily with 2 teens in the back. I wanted the NF210's as well since the reviews are all great. Now I'm wondering if anyone has tried the H.Techs for daily family use. The TRD's are just not what I'm wanting... The drop doesnt seem to be enough in my opinion to justify doing it. The H.techs look like they will level the car off nicely but I would imagine I would be best to put in better (or at least new) shock in the back with them, especially as I will be hauling 350+lb of kids in the back seat?

Thoughts or experience??

Amazon does say 1-3 months for the NF210 currently but doesnt sound like thats a trustworthy statement....
Old 04-12-2019, 01:34 AM
SL Member

The H Techs should level the car better as it's a 1.1 inch drop in front and 2.1 inch in the back. The springs rates are also a bit softer than the trds so it should feel a bit more comfortable. I was also looking at those instead of trds but can't seem to find any second gen XBs that have posted much on them. I'm also wanting something good for daily use and to have kids in back. The reviews for H techs on other cars are that it rides really good and comfortable.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 AM
SL Member

One of the local guys here is saying I may have to roll the fenders.. I really dont want to do that, but it would be only the back. I want lower than the TRD's but not so low that its a crappy ride. NF's seemed to be the magic bullet. I may get the H.Tech's. They are only $350ish CAD and if they suck I will have to settle for TRD's I guess. A bunch must have bought and had them installed, if there were no market you would think that they wouldn't be still supplying them.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matties
One of the local guys here is saying I may have to roll the fenders.. I really dont want to do that, but it would be only the back. I want lower than the TRD's but not so low that its a crappy ride. NF's seemed to be the magic bullet. I may get the H.Tech's. They are only $350ish CAD and if they suck I will have to settle for TRD's I guess. A bunch must have bought and had them installed, if there were no market you would think that they wouldn't be still supplying them.
Your local guy is wrong. The rear track is actually an inch narrower than the front so the rear tires sit 1/2" further in from the fenders than the front. With those wheel and tire specs you'll clear the rear fine. The front will be a little tighter but with the drop you're looking at you won't be close to fender. On heavy bumps you might catch the lip slightly. If so you can roll the front fender slightly. Just for a visual the top half of this picture is mine on 18x8 +40 with 225/40 tires completely aired out, so way lower than you'll be going. You'll sit a 1/4" further out than I do with your smaller offset.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:40 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matties
Let me know if you end up going with the H-techs. I'm still deciding on Eibach Pro kit, Tein h-tech, or TRDs. I'm looking for minimal drop with best ride quality.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:41 AM
SL Member

Clean ride Greg.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09hypnotic
Clean ride Greg.
thanks. Por thing has been throough hell and back with me and at east three full builds as I get bored and change my mind.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:10 PM
SL Member

Installed the TRD springs and shocks finally. Still have to get an alignment but the car handles much smoother....It is a bit more bouncy tho over bumps which I'm not too thrilled about. Stiffer is ok, but it almost seems like the dampers are lacking a bit. I'm going to see how it rides after the alignment to make my final judgement and maybe I'll just get used to a bit more bouncy ride. As far as looks it's perfect, I also added 10mm H&R spacers which made a big difference, the rear looks even width with the front now.

Name:  k0huSL4.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  37.3 KB