Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 2nd-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-suspension-handling-1795/)
-   -   How to tell if my xB is lowered (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-2nd-gen-suspension-handling-1795/how-tell-if-my-xb-lowered-217608/)

King_Of_Nines 09-05-2012 01:08 AM

How to tell if my xB is lowered

Hello All,

I have just purchased an 08 xB and it came with 18 inch after market wheels and little else in my opinion has been changed on the vehicle.

My question is - after cruising the forums to get better acquainted with my new ride and get ideas on customizing and personalization I have notice a lot of articles regarding lowering springs and so forth.

I looked under my xB noticed that the springs are red which may indicate that they are not stock.

What other indicators will tell me if it has indeed been lowered?

I can provide some pictures if need be, also I have parked next to what appears to be a stock height xB and was unable to draw a conclusion on if it differed in height.

Thanks in advance for any help for this Scion Newb! :silly:

pyroman131 09-05-2012 02:00 AM

REDACTED

Big_Jim 09-05-2012 09:27 PM

easiest way would be to measure from the ground to the top of the wheel arch of a stock scion xb, and then to measure the same on yours. Also, take into consideration the size of the tire. Pretty sure your 18's should be a 225/40/18 to get it close to the stock diameter.

..... Question that just came into my head. Is your xB a release series by any chance?

jetas 09-05-2012 10:14 PM

Post pics. Thatl help

FromTheOld 09-07-2012 09:28 AM

The rear springs of the Scion xB are the easiest to see. Just go underneath the car and look at them. Chances are, if he has aftermarket springs, they won't be black or they'll have some logo on them.

King_Of_Nines 09-10-2012 01:03 AM

thanks to all who chimed in on this, seems like it is lowered, judging from the picture pyroman included.

I will add some pictures in a day or so - my xB is pretty dirty due to rain and working near a construction zone :icon_razz:

I would like at least a cleaner car to post, and I did look under the car and was unable to see a logo on the rear springs, also up front the suspension makes kinda a "whoosh" as the front wheels encounter bumps and changes in pavement, like when I enter my garage is this a normal sound?

I guess it could be lowered on all four corners.

Big_Jim, how do I tell what a release series is, forgive me as I am learning all this in big gulps cause I have only owned this car but a few weeks.

Thanks again to all for the input and tips!

pyroman131 09-10-2012 02:13 AM

REDACTED

TrevorS 09-10-2012 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by pyroman131 (Post 4053654)
You'll have a release series if you have a Release Series badge where the mirror controls are next to the steering wheel. Also, Release Series cars for the xB are painted gold, red, purple/blue (murasaki), or orange.

As Pyroman131 said, if you have a release series car, you'll see a release series badge. Otherwise, don't sweat it! Compare what you feel to what you'd like and take the time to see how to get there :)! Most aftermarket springs indicate their manufacturer on the coils.

dave17 08-04-2018 05:49 PM

10 Series lower than Base?

I have a 10 Series xB and have been wondering is it lowered, or are the 10S cars lower than a base model from the factory?