Notices

The Official 17" Club Thread - Who's Coming With Me???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll be joining the 17" club as soon as my wheels get here. I had NF210's and was gonna go with 18's, but I decided to drop it more on DF's and get 17's. Can't wait. Will post pics when I get them.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Devil-
wheels and tires look great! ... waiting for that stimulus check to come in so i can get mine ...

hmmm the roof rack doesn't look all that bad on there ...
Thanks a lot Devil, I am pretty happy how they turned out. Have you decided exactly which wheels you're going get yet? That's always a tough decision.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

it will be tenzo R ... still not sure on the Type M or the DC 6 ... did finally decide to go with a graphite color for them... may change the centercap color and lug color to something else tho
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeInABox
I'll be joining the 17" club as soon as my wheels get here. I had NF210's and was gonna go with 18's, but I decided to drop it more on DF's and get 17's. Can't wait. Will post pics when I get them.
Nice Mike! I'm rolling no DFs too, but these guys rolling on their NFs still have a nice stance on them too. I really like the meatier look of more tires, and on 17s, it just looks right to me. Post some pics in here when you get her done Mike, we all wanna see!

it will be tenzo R ... still not sure on the Type M or the DC 6 ... did finally decide to go with a graphite color for them... may change the centercap color and lug color to something else tho
Both of those look good and I even like the DC 5s a lot too. MaxBoost's SSRs wheels in sliver look nice, especially how he accented them with red anodized lug nuts--Pretty sweet combo.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice look D Unit! It reminds me of the guy on cardomain.com that has a BSP on 17" mesh TSWs, except yours is much sportier. The whole package gives it a "euro" look in my opinion which is cool in my book.

Did you do a front bumper overlay? It looks good even on black. I like the subtleties (sp?). I like the VVTi badge too. It looks quite tastefull.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rockthebeef
Nice look D Unit! It reminds me of the guy on cardomain.com that has a BSP on 17" mesh TSWs, except yours is much sportier. The whole package gives it a "euro" look in my opinion which is cool in my book.

Did you do a front bumper overlay? It looks good even on black. I like the subtleties (sp?). I like the VVTi badge too. It looks quite tastefull.
Thanks a lot man... xxSexyVeganixx on the other hand has been giving me a hard time about it....

But yeah, I did Batman's front overlay out of necessity since I closed my garage door in the center section of my clear 3M bra. Rather than spending $200 getting it fixed, I spent $40 and installed Batman's overlay myself. I still got A LOT of subtle mods I got up in my head, but want everything to blend and be subtle just like you pointed out. Thanks for the compliment!

BTW, your car is coming a long nicely as well... I kind off bit of your shift **** idea, but instead, bought me a Lexus GS **** that screwed right in (I actually bought 2). However, I'm still waiting for you to figure the reverse light problem. I was going to do the HID backup light mod, but one of you A-holes outbid me last minute on Ebay on the backup assembly!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hah, i dont see a prob with the VVTi badge ... our cars have it ...

but guess that would be like me and debating on putting a TRD badge on once i have more of my peices installed.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hah, i dont see a prob with the VVTi badge ... our cars have it ...

but guess that would be like me and debating on putting a TRD badge on once i have more of my peices installed.
I actually like the TRD badge, but opted not to get it because I had a TRD license plate frame already. If you got the TRD emblem, I think it would look good if you matched it up with the gun metal license plate frame. The only reason I didn't get the "SCION" license plate frame was because I already had the "SCION" rear bumper applique.... I probably over think things too much, but that's just my 2 cents...
Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i do the same thing, havent gotten the lisc plate frame because it already says scion on the emblem in the rear ...

yeah i do plan on getting a lisc plate frame that will match the color of the rims ...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

17x8 Fronts and 17x8.5 Rears

Old 05-06-2008, 05:25 PM

D_Unit: tire size and wheel offset?

looks nicey nice

~mikey m.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by little_mikey
D_Unit: tire size and wheel offset?

looks nicey nice

~mikey m.

The fronts are 17x8 et 40 or 41 I think wrapped in 225/45/17. The rears are 17x8.5 et 41 wrapped in 235/45/17. Since I bought these used, I couldn't get to pick the tire sizes myself. I actually like how the rears look with the meatier tires, but I'm not sure if I would want to run that particular combo because it will affect the speedo.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not gonna post all the pics in two threads so here are a few. The specs and more pics are in my other thread. I'm really happy with 17's.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That color combo looks hot Mike. The 17s look real nice on it too...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is mine lol they are work emotion cr kai 17x7 with 42 offset and nitto invo 225 45 17s

Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've ALL seen this car already... AND we ALL love it! The 17s look so proper. This is going to be one bada$$ turbo machine when you're done with it.

Originally Posted by coryjames
here is mine lol they are work emotion cr kai 17x7 with 42 offset and nitto invo 225 45 17s

Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just though i would post it up in the 17 fan club lol did the 20s was cool till my milage droped and then i said 17s ftmfw i just dont like one thing they look silver in some light bronze in other but hell it looks hot 17s for the win i got my lugs in yesterday went with black ones i might be switching to blue what you guys think?
Old 06-18-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stick with th black lugs, to compliment the window trim and front grills.
There's nothing blue on your box, IMO blue lugs would make those nice Works wheels look cheap.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it has blue valve stems though lol just wanted to make it pop a little more you know
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D_Unit
17x8 Fronts and 17x8.5 Rears

Looks amazing. Is it lowered at all?

Quick Reply: The Official 17" Club Thread - Who's Coming With Me???