Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fog Light Kit and the Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Fog Light Kit and the Firewall

I bought the fog light kit and got it installed up to the "pass the wire through the firewall" step.

How do you work with that pass through housing mounted to the firewall?

Kit link
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2297

As seen installed by XDME
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=60
Old 02-14-2009, 09:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you dont have a proper grabber tool, then youll have to do it the hard way (like i did for my friend) but theres a grommet thats stuck in the fire wall and its up under your dash. youll have to stick the wires down into the engine bay, and then stick the grabber tool through that grommet, then just pull it through. the grommet is located high enough where you cant see it if youre just sitting in the vehicle, so you'll have to sit on the ground and look up into it (under the dash). and its on the drivers side..hope this helped. oh..if you dont have a grabber tool, use a stick and tape the wires to it, then pull it through (its MUCH harder this way but this is how i did it for a friends accord)
Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
if you dont have a proper grabber tool, then youll have to do it the hard way (like i did for my friend) but theres a grommet thats stuck in the fire wall and its up under your dash. youll have to stick the wires down into the engine bay, and then stick the grabber tool through that grommet, then just pull it through. the grommet is located high enough where you cant see it if youre just sitting in the vehicle, so you'll have to sit on the ground and look up into it (under the dash). and its on the drivers side..hope this helped. oh..if you dont have a grabber tool, use a stick and tape the wires to it, then pull it through (its MUCH harder this way but this is how i did it for a friends accord)

the stick method is how i ran the power wires for my scanner, and also the lines for my four corner hide-away strobe kit.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or just slice the rubber with a knife and push them thru
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a straightened wire clothes hanger works real good too. poke it through from the cabin into the engine bay, tape wires to end of wire rod, pull back through. easy as pie.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
or just slice the rubber with a knife and push them thru
wasn't that easy for the accord..we tried. ALOT.

and the coat hanger idea is good...but we were afraid it'd be too flimsy? guess not thoguh if you had success with it. that would be the next best thing from a grabber tool cause you can just wrap the wire hanger around it...
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by pickledchang
a straightened wire clothes hanger works real good too. poke it through from the cabin into the engine bay, tape wires to end of wire rod, pull back through. easy as pie.
I did something similar. I first took out the battery which allowed me to actually see what I was aiming at. Then I cut a plastic clothes hanger and narrowed and rounded the end. I went over the top of the wire harness with the hanger and could feel the rubber gasket. I wiggled and pushed until it went through. Then I went inside and took off the plastic thingy above the pedals and sure enough there was a white clothes hanger....lower than I expected. I backed the hanger out a bit, taped the wires to it and pulled it all through.

I would classify it as simple once you figure out how to do it....I probably spent four hours figuring it out.