Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Meguiar's White Wax.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 PM
XDC
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Meguiar's White Wax.

I used the Meguiar's White Wax for the first time on my Super White XD. I usually use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 with good results, but I wanted to try their product made especially for white, and light colored vehicles. I had really good results with the White Wax.

The wax is a bit gritty, which turns out to be a good thing, as it removed some fine scratches I had on my hood, and around the front door handles. The the foil tube it comes in is not an ideal container, though. I foresee the tube becoming a pain to use as the product level gets low.

The end results from the White Wax is a noticeably smoother finish than what the NXT 2.0 provided for me. I wanted to post pictures, but between my poor quality cellphone pics, and my lack of photo talent, I could not get anything worth posting.

I should add that because this product is specifically for white, and other light colored cars, I thought the wax would be colored. Maybe light gray, light blue, light purple...to make it easy to see while applying it, and wiping off, so as to not miss any spots.

I will continue to use White Wax because of the really good shine, and really smooth finish. Good product.

Last edited by XDC; 07-19-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:04 PM
XDC
5 Year Member
SL Member

It has been just over two months since I used the White Wax on my XD. I have since washed the car four times. And, in the past couple of months here in San Diego County we have had some really hot weather, so it was perfect to test the durability of this wax.

My car is not parked in the shade or covered while I am at work or school, and at home the car port does not block all the sun. My Scion is almost always exposed to direct sunlight during the day.

My findings after the two months are; the surface still feels very smooth, has a deep shinny finish to it, and the water beads up nicely. I would say this wax product is durable and provides a good lasting shine.