Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Roof Vinyl Wrap? RS 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Roof Vinyl Wrap? RS 2.0

I am Considering doing a black vinyl wrap on the roof of my RS 2.0, what do you guys think?

I also used PlastiDip on my front bumper, thoughts? I am going to probably peel it off and do the Vinyl route there, even though Plastidip costed $3 lol

Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Plasti dips quick and cheap thats for sure. The down side is it can be hard to get even across a large flat surface.

Vinyl will give you an even look just take your time putting it on and work from the center out other wise you'll have big problems
Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow you plasti-dipped that entire part of the bumper? Great job!! I wish I had the nerve to do that do my bumper, the paint's starting to chip everywhere
Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nguyen925
Wow you plasti-dipped that entire part of the bumper? Great job!! I wish I had the nerve to do that do my bumper, the paint's starting to chip everywhere
no nerve needed lol. Its easy to work with and if you mess up it just peels off. I plastidipped all the wheel covers when I first got my xD and it came out great.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MonkeyMonsoon
no nerve needed lol. Its easy to work with and if you mess up it just peels off. I plastidipped all the wheel covers when I first got my xD and it came out great.
Lol sadly I doubt it'd end up sticking properly to my bumper. It's starting to crack and peel in the front part.. =/ Someone forgot to primer the bumper before they decided to paint it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nguyen925
Lol sadly I doubt it'd end up sticking properly to my bumper. It's starting to crack and peel in the front part.. =/ Someone forgot to primer the bumper before they decided to paint it.
It will stick as long as its nice and clean. My wheels covers were knicked and curbed when I bought the car, which is why I wanted to coat them. It hides alot of the blemishes. If it ends up looking bad it peels right off and you only wasted a few bucks.