Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-aero-exterior-1797/)
-   -   Scion xD Hot Lava Edition DAMD Body Kit (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-aero-exterior-1797/scion-xd-hot-lava-edition-damd-body-kit-154475/)

Ding0ScionxD 01-16-2009 08:29 PM

Scion xD Hot Lava Edition DAMD Body Kit

I recently bought a 2009 Scion xD. I have been trying to find the Hot Lava Edition DAMD Body Kit. I called the dealers and a couple of aftermarket places. Does anyone know where I can find this kit? Thanks.

xravexboix 01-16-2009 10:27 PM

The kit was made specifically for Scion to use on the vehicle. You may see it released in the future, but it's unlikely. They (Scion) try to keep the Release Series vehicle parts exclusive... dealers even get hassled to order the parts for legit cases (ie damaged item).

TRDxD 01-17-2009 05:09 AM

Actually yeah I was wondering if it would ever be released. But seeing as how the front is an entire bumper I figured even if they did, it'd be quite expensive.

The rear is also a rear bumper isn't it? Not just a lip? well..we still have Razzi and 5-Axis right? haha

xravexboix 01-17-2009 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by TRDxD
actualy yeah i was wondering if it would ever be released. but seeing as how the front is an entire bumper i figured even if they did, itd be quite expensive. the rear is also a rear bumper isnt it? not just a lip? well..we still have razzi and 5-axis right? haha

Yea... RS parts are a nightmare to order for our collision center... we have to call and manually have each one released.

My Five Axis kit is sitting in our body shop to be painted... I wish I had the cash to do it LOL

TRDxD 01-17-2009 06:33 PM

lol agreed....so much i want for my little xD but no cash to do so :\

im currently accepting donations from any kind soul :D haha

WellesleyScion 01-21-2009 05:23 PM

actualy yeah i was wondering if it would ever be released. but seeing as how the front is an entire bumper i figured even if they did, itd be quite expensive. the rear is also a rear bumper isnt it? not just a lip? well..we still have razzi and 5-axis right? haha

The entire Damd Kit is a lip not replacement bumpers.
Scion has yet to release the kit to the public though....

TRDxD 01-21-2009 08:17 PM

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/fi...-RS-1-0-01.jpg

im just looking at how far up the actual DAMD kit goes.....looks like a full bumper to me in the front rather than a lip..

ChelsDS 01-22-2009 02:04 AM

It looks more like a lip, just larger than what you'd normally see a lip kit as. If it was a bumper, then why is there that line across the actual bumper?

Big_Bird 03-19-2009 04:33 AM

RS parts are never released to the public. They can only be ordered through a Dealer, using the VIN # of an RS and a slew of info regarding the actual owner of the RS.

jamessicat25 03-19-2009 04:38 AM

i guess they dont like profit

TRDxD 03-19-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
It looks more like a lip, just larger than what you'd normally see a lip kit as. If it was a bumper, then why is there that line across the actual bumper?

woops im a little late to come back to this..but oh well hahah

i understand what youre saying and how its probably a much larger lip than normal..but it's half the bumper....seems like it would be considered something else...maybe a valence? idk. lip just never seemed like the proper term for it to me haha

Zefoxe 03-19-2009 10:51 PM

its a lip cause under it is the actual stock xD bumper.

I'd be willing to sell or trade if its a good deal :)

RockBlocker 03-19-2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by jamessicat25
i guess they dont like profit

I think its more about keeping the owners of the RS rare breeds... Not like Scions isnt in general.. just more so with a RS

TRDxD 03-20-2009 01:29 AM

Actually...in general Scions really aren't rare breeds...at least in SoCal..tC's galore....bunch of xD's all over now. tons of xB's...handfuls of xA's...

the tC's though...man.....they just never end.

Big_Bird 03-20-2009 01:38 AM

Well duh, Scions aren't rare. they are economy vehicles. He is talking about the RS'es

WellesleyScion 03-20-2009 01:19 PM

Actually I found out the other day from a Scion trainer that the entire Scion brand is limited production. Toyota will always produce "1 less than demand" thats why pure pricing works, if demand is always high then they can be sold at MSRP across the board,
and you don't get those dealers who think they can sell them for less to increase sales. This was the first year where there were left over models in high numbers, but that is presumable from the economy being the way that it is...

Another fun fact which may explain a little more, Scion outsold some major companies, and Scion is only a Marque of Toyota, not a Franchise like Lexus... with that being said you can see why there are so many of them around...

trikkonceptz 03-20-2009 07:44 PM

It may seem like you see to many of them, but as it has been stated it is a limited production vehicle. Be thankful for that because it is what contributes to the high resale value of the vehicle.

TRDxD 03-20-2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Well duh, Scions aren't rare. they are economy vehicles. He is talking about the RS'es

well....

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
I think its more about keeping the owners of the RS rare breeds... Not like Scions isn't in general..

I took THAT as saying "its not as if Scions aren't rare in general" I CAN see that he said RS's are rare..it was the second part of his statement which i was responding to. which i wasn't trying to make an argument against...I was simply making an observation of the amount of So.Cal Scions.

WellesleyScion 03-23-2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
well duh scions aren't rare. they are economy vehicles. He is talking about the RS'es

well....

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
I think its more about keeping the owners of the RS rare breeds... Not like Scions isnt in general..

i took THAT as saying "its not as if scions aren't rare in general" i CAN see that he said RS's are rare..it was the second part of his statement which i was responding to. which i wasn't trying to make an argument agaisnt...i was simply making an observation of the amount of so.cal scions.

lol, I was attempting to validate both of you by saying that the brand is rare, due to supply and demand, and that the demand is so high that it is more popular that other manufacturers...

TRDxD 03-24-2009 11:08 PM

very well put :D