Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk/Hatch Scion XD...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk/Hatch Scion XD...

I would like to purchase this for my Scion XD...Does anyone know the difference between the styles listed below?

Seibon carbon fiber trunk lids come in different styles: CW, MG, RT, SP, TA, TJ, and TR.

Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid Style OEM Scion xD 2008-UP...

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-13238-...d-2008-up.aspx
Old 10-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

would be nice if they actually had pictures of their new product...lame...
Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think someone was selling a CF trunk lid for the xD;

http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137

misformartin is on SL, if you dont have an account on scionxdforum, then you can shoot him a PM. its probably cheaper, and all you'd have to worry about is the center piece if your car isn't white (which wouldn't be a big problem at all. + this one comes with a window, im fairly certain Seibon doesn't provide windows on their hatches / trunks
Old 10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool 2010 Scion XD Project

TRDxD,
I already purchased these items listed below and my project is about to take off... Thanks anyways for the heads up, WOW I just received my first warning today now I have to be good

1. Seibon Carbon Trunk Lid Style OEM Scion XD 2008 - UP
2. Scion xD 2008 : VIS Racing Carbon Fiber Terminator Hood
3. Scion xD 2008 : Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Fenders OEM
4. Duraflex GT Concept Kit > Scion xD 08-09 Part Number: 104082
Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was curious on how the different pieces from different suppliers would match up. I guess the hood and front fenders are the only parts that would show any discrepancy because of their close proximity. I would love to see pictures when you get them! Oh, and kudos on the buy.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha quick; well I hope they turn out to be what you wanted. what are your plans for the xD?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by TRDxD
haha quick; well I hope they turn out to be what you wanted. what are your plans for the xD?

The car will be pimped out as soon as I find the stuff I am looking for... As for how the CF stuff will match since the items are from three different companies, who knows I really don't care since I wanted a different look and wouldn't you know these companies who produce CF products don't sell the three items I wanted so I could match, I still think it will turn out looking cool and I would have liked all Seibon or VIS!!!

Last edited by Crazyhorse6901; 10-30-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse6901
The car will be pimped out as soon as I find the stuff I am looking for... As for how the CF stuff will match since the items are from three different companies, who knows I really don't care since I wanted a different look and wouldn't you know these companies who produce CF products don't sell the three items I wanted so I could match, I still think it will turn out looking cool and I would have liked all Seibon or VIS!!!
It still will be a unique look even if it isn't a perfect match. I am excited to see everything once you get it. Also once you get the parts it would be cool to know the weight difference between the old and new parts, if you have a hanging scale or something.(probably just a pound or so, but who knows)! Keep us posted.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Nateson
It still will be a unique look even if it isn't a perfect match. I am excited to see everything once you get it. Also once you get the parts it would be cool to know the weight difference between the old and new parts, if you have a hanging scale or something.(probably just a pound or so, but who knows)! Keep us posted.
I didnt weight my CF hood, but it was drastically lighter than the OE one. I went with SEIBON BTW, the fitment is perfect. I want to see the CF fenders and Hatches alignment. Those are in my plans for the xD...
Old 12-03-2009, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Crazyhorse, have you put on the carbon fiber items on yet? I would like to see how she looks!! Also what you think about any of the different manufacturers, how was the install, and if you would recommend? Just any follow up would be great!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Nateson
Hey Crazyhorse, have you put on the carbon fiber items on yet? I would like to see how she looks!! Also what you think about any of the different manufacturers, how was the install, and if you would recommend? Just any follow up would be great!
I just received our car after 40 days MIA, The car looks nice at a distance however the paint job is shot and someone put 1300 miles on our new car, the shop will have to redo for free or go to court...Below you find a link to my wife's profile on MySpace look under her photos and review the album called 2010 Scion XD Project, not finished!!! I tried to upload photos to share with all however the upload failed go figure... I contacted Jeff the other day and he said he will redo the project for free, you cannot imagine how we feel after spending over 2K for the parts and 3K to have a shop customize I haven't been on this sight in a while due to a hall monitor giving me a hasle over nothing, I guess he is young and flexing his little muscle So what would you like to know, I can say this the hardest install was the carbon fiber fenders, the VIS Racing hood was easy and the Seibon hatch had to be modified - - - > Everthing on this piiece and the Extreme Dimensions Duraflex Fiberglass GT Concept Body Kit was a bear to install since it didn't fit like a glove...
http://www.myspace.com/wince1964
Old 12-19-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahahah i told you the fenders and hatch would blow. hopefully the fenders took less than 8 hours for you at least
Old 12-19-2009, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by rude_xD
hahahahah i told you the fenders and hatch would blow. hopefully the fenders took less than 8 hours for you at least

The main thing that sucked so I am being told was the CF Fenders, I took the car to a custom shop and paid $3K to have everything installed including wet sand and clear coat all over to protect our investment and paint job, wouldn't you know when I dropped the car off the car only had 748 miles now we have over 2000 upon return and the paint job is a total loss, the lawyer said by law we have to give the shop a second chance before we sue, Jeff said he will redo the project for free, did you look at the pictures??? I still have trouble uploading on this site...The Seibon CF Hatch, everthing had to be modified on this piece...

Last edited by Crazyhorse6901; 12-19-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tried to look at the pics but her myspace is private and i dont have one to add her
Old 12-20-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

i tried to look at the pics but her myspace is private and i dont have one to add her

Do you have Yearbook account??? We are still amazed on what happened!!! I tried uploading on this site however it keeps failing... I can understand alot of people not wanting to join a social network such as the ones currently in place, I will change the setting to allow access to the area for everyone.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 AM
SL Member

wow.. it will be redone free of charge but what about the extra 1,000+ miles they put on your new car. and the amount of stress and frustration i'd imagine theyd be putting you through as well... that sucks man =[ i hope you can find a better agreement then just a free fix up on what they were paid to do in the first place. and 3,000$ to put on some pieces is quite a bit excessive. i've taken off my front bumper numerous times and all it is is a few fastners and screws... i wish someone would pay me 3k for it. good luck to ya :/
Old 12-20-2009, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those pics are heartbreaking im sorry you have to go through all this. like he said they owe you more than just doing their job right.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

those pics are heartbreaking im sorry you have to go through all this. like he said they owe you more than just doing their job right.

c2iix and Rude_XD I know exactly what you mean how can this shop truly make amends since the car was new...Three months, four days and the paint job looks like something would three to four years with someone who neglects to take care of their ride, I have the ability too keep my vehicle in excellent shape, like new condition...How SAD I can only hope everyone will look at the pictures we have up and make photo comments, we could use the support of the Scion family to get through this ordeal...Our family hopes each and everyone of you guys have a safe holiday
Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Carp, looks like a headache. At least everything is well documented (good job on that).
Old 12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Holy crap!! Even if they fix the car and repaint the entire thing, you should still sue for the added mileage alone...

Quick Reply: Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk/Hatch Scion XD...