Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

xD Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 08:59 PM

Default xD Front Bumper

Hello all, I'm brand new to this site and not exactly sure where to start. Right to the point: I own a 2013 xD. Hate the horns, too many people turn in front of me. I want to replace the horns. There is a video on YouTube showing how to easily remove the entire front bumper. Is it that easy or will it interfere with the airbag system? Removing the front bumper would allow easy access to the OEM horns and I'd be done in no time.
Leaving the front bumper on: it looks like I can remove the plastic piece underneath the car and work from under the horns with space for my hands and arms being a slight problem. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Firstly, I assume you are removing the bumper COVER, not the bumper. Removing the cover won't affect the collision sensors at all.

The cover is held on with about 2 dozen plastic clips, about 1/3 to 1/2 of which will break when you remove the cover, so buy a bunch of replacement clips (I think there are 3 different sizes, BTW). As for where the wheel well liners connect with the chin cover and the bumper cover, make certain that you get ALL the clips back on securely or else some day while driving at highway speeds, the air will catch the liner, it will hit the tire, and will rip off the liner and scare the pants off you (don't ask me why I know this...).
Old 03-30-2019, 05:10 PM

Default Thanks very much!

Thank you for the info. It’s much appreciated!

The cover is held on with about 2 dozen plastic clips, about 1/3 to 1/2 of which will break when you remove the cover, so buy a bunch of replacement clips (I think there are 3 different sizes, BTW). As for where the wheel well liners connect with the chin cover and the bumper cover, make certain that you get ALL the clips back on securely or else some day while driving at highway speeds, the air will catch the liner, it will hit the tire, and will rip off the liner and scare the pants off you (don't ask me why I know this...).[/QUOTE]